Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it goes....
if you haven't read my other thread regarding this, here you go. i suggest reading it b4 reading this one....
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=47386.0

i called holeshot today to see where the [email protected]*k my parts were...if they shipped them,,,where they might be....you know the normal questions... the lady on the phione said that they haven't shipped them!!! its because the dealership didn't fax a dealership application! so by this time i was furious! Ive been waiting for 3weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! to get my bike back, and its the dealerships fault Ive been waiting....
so i call up the dealership right after i hang up with holeshot...they say they faxed EVERYTHING needed to holeshot and that's its holeshots fault that nothing has been shipped yet... the parts guy says he will RE-FAX everything over, and then call to make sure they got everything.... i really don't know what happened with that but....
i go to the dealership after work to see what happened...the parts guys tells me that i parts will be second day shipped for cheap ($15) and that it WAS holeshots fault. he says that they lost the paperwork or whatever....

so basically I'm just venting because I'm a Lil mad that this was holeshots fault...i would have figured it was the dealer's fault....

·
Registered
71 Posts
They've been lying to you all along and stringing you along at the dealership. They didn't fax the stuff, they just never expected you to call holeshot to confirm.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Eh, it happens. Although I would agree with OKc about it really being the dealer...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah..it sucks.i really like holeshot...dale has always answered any questions i had via email or phone call... but i just don't know who to blame...either way as long as it all went right today...i should have all the goodies on by the weekend!!! ;D

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
why are you buying holeshot products through a dealer anyway? dealers suck ASS.

buy them direct...

www.holeshot.com

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wonderjosh said:
why are you buying holeshot products through a dealer anyway? dealers suck ASS.

buy them direct...

www.holeshot.com
i would have...but the ins company gave the dealership the check!!! so i HAD to order through the dealer... ::)

·
Registered
419 Posts
That sucks. I can promise you it had to do with the dealership trying to setup a wholesale account with them to save money or something. If they would have just called and ordered it, there wouldn't have been a problem. I've delt with Dale and his office staff enough to know they are a top notch company. I'm glad everything is worked out now - I'm sure you'll love it when you get it!

- Jason

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RedAggie03 said:
That sucks. I can promise you it had to do with the dealership trying to setup a wholesale account with them to save money or something. If they would have just called and ordered it, there wouldn't have been a problem.
i wouldn't be surprised.... i have been getting all these aftermarket produsts from smaller companies like holeshot and osf (rearsets) the dealership has no way to make money off me i i keep doing that, so they prolly tried to set up the wholesale account...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
glad it worked out, but i highly doubt holeshot is at fault. it's possible that the paperwork was indeed lost, but it sounds to me like the dealer f'd up somehow and is trying to shift the blame

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stranger said:
glad it worked out, but i highly doubt holeshot is at fault. it's possible that the paperwork was indeed lost, but it sounds to me like the dealer f'd up somehow and is trying to shift the blame
im sure the truth will come out sometime....either dale will let me know somehow...or the dealer will let something slip....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Either way you look at it, it's the dealers fault. They very well may have faxed all the paperwork necessary to set-up an account, but it's the dealers responsibility to follow up and be sure that the ball is rolling. We get parts in 2 days, you better believe if parts aren't on our counter on the 3rd day, I'm on the phone wondering where they are. Basically that is what you are paying the dealer for. They are making the money, they should be doing the leg work. Dealers charge a premium and you should feel like you are getting a higher level of service.

·
Banned
363 Posts
athflying79 said:
Either way you look at it, it's the dealers fault. They very well may have faxed all the paperwork necessary to set-up an account, but it's the dealers responsibility to follow up and be sure that the ball is rolling. We get parts in 2 days, you better believe if parts aren't on our counter on the 3rd day, I'm on the phone wondering where they are. Basically that is what you are paying the dealer for. They are making the money, they should be doing the leg work. Dealers charge a premium and you should feel like you are getting a higher level of service.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!..

He is correct. Either way it was the dealers fault for not following up.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i totally agree... i think its total B.S. that i was the one to call and figure out what was going on!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well...i called Holeshot 2day, they shipped the pipe and fender elim yesterday night. i should have them tomorrow... i still don't know who it was that screwed up...but i do know that holeshot gave me second day shipping for $15!!! so I'm excited!!! i get to hear the awesome sound i keep hearing about with my new holeshot slip-on! ;D

·
Registered
270 Posts
spuds said:
i would have...but the ins company gave the dealership the check!!! so i HAD to order through the dealer... ::)
You got scammed. I'm guessing by the dealer. Did they ask for all your insurance info? When they do that tell them to F off and just write you up a crash/repair estimate (normally 1hr labor charge). You have the choice to fix the bike however you want or not fix it at all and keep the cash. If your insurance company tries to send it to a shop tell them no and to send you the check. I would have cashed the check and order the needed parts through various online stores to get the best price and aftermarket products. Never never never let the dealer get involved more than just the estimate unless you don't want to do the work and you want to give them the business.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i had the dealer put on the new rear pilot power...and they are putting on the pipe when they get it...
otherwise in doing everything else. I'm gonna ask for the remaining money to be given to me in a check!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Holeshot is one of the best stores I have come across. The dealer should have followed up no matter what Holeshot didn't do. Lazy dealership employees are usually the ones to blame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had just about the same thing happen to me. I agree, that the problem more than likely was with the dealership having to set up an account to get holeshot parts. I went through the same damn thing and spoke with Dale directly more than once. In the end, it was the dealership, and all along they told me it was holeshot. I pretty much always blame the dealership in that situation as I have been burned too many times. Plus, I spoke with Dale and his wife directly on numerous occassions. (I think it was his wife :) )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts