Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow - this thing sounds great and at higher rpms, I feel like the bike pulls more, but thats just the butt dyno. The snap, crackle, pop is kinda cool, but I may decide to get rid of it. People look at me like something is wrong with it :lol:

Here is a pic!

FYI - I had Dale ceramic coat the mid-pipe black like he does for the warrior exhaust systems. I thought it blended in with the frame better. I would like to black out as much as I can and over the winter I will do the peg supports etc...

Anyways. I had to share. I highly recommend this system to everyone and as always, fantastic service from Dale!

If you want to see more pics, please click on my website URL below!

Thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Great looking bike! I'm really thinking about forking over the cash for that pipe... that's absolutely perfect for the blue '05s! I'm already with blacked out pegs so I think that would complete the look.

Oh, btw, if you get a chance, blur out your license plate in that picture within the gallery. It'll make me feel better :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
50 bux! Not too bad, IMHO!

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theoldguy said:
Great looking bike! I'm really thinking about forking over the cash for that pipe... that's absolutely perfect for the blue '05s! I'm already with blacked out pegs so I think that would complete the look.
Thanks much for the kind words. How did you black out the pegs? Any good suggestions for me to do the same? :wink:

·
Registered
212 Posts
dont know if i like the super large touring double bubble, it looks a bit off balance... but other than that man that thing is hot....

too bad you got the slow color... yellow is the speed demon

·
Registered
482 Posts
rogue said:
...Thanks much for the kind words. How did you black out the pegs? Any good suggestions for me to do the same? :wink:
Yep... If you have the cash, powdercoat 'em. Josh (stranger) had it done and looks great. If you don't, buy some paint (krylon fusion) and do it that way (Nexus did this with his yellow). I would HIGHLY recommend powdercoating them, as the spray does not last as long as you would hope.

I HAVE to have the high mount holeshot now... great.... now the gf will kill me! Thank God I'm going to San Diego so that when she reads this, she can't kill me until I get back.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
That looks great.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Love the look of the highmount, but I'm not crazy about them just because of the safety issue of the turn signals being less visible. But man, that black highmount holeshot is gorgeous on your blue bike with black wheels. The black midpipe just adds that much more to it. Nice!

Do black out the passenger pegs. Powdercoat them if you can, should be much more durable than painting.

Wanted to ask about the touring windscreen. I agree with the previous poster that, when side by side to your other pics, it looks HUGE...but just looking at it on its own, I dont think it looks bad at all...especially since it's dark tinted, it goes with the bike well.

Anywho, how's the wind protection with that thing? Where does the wind hit you now? How tall are you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gahdzila said:
Love the look of the highmount, but I'm not crazy about them just because of the safety issue of the turn signals being less visible. But man, that black highmount holeshot is gorgeous on your blue bike with black wheels. The black midpipe just adds that much more to it. Nice!

Do black out the passenger pegs. Powdercoat them if you can, should be much more durable than painting.

Wanted to ask about the touring windscreen. I agree with the previous poster that, when side by side to your other pics, it looks HUGE...but just looking at it on its own, I dont think it looks bad at all...especially since it's dark tinted, it goes with the bike well.

Anywho, how's the wind protection with that thing? Where does the wind hit you now? How tall are you?

Thanks!
Powedrcoating - I definitely will powdercoat. I want to buy stock pegs and cut of the stock muffler mount (round hole) and the hookey things and then sand, mediablast and get coated. I found a local place to do this!

Also, on ebay, I see adjustable rear seats in black by some shop. Anyone know if this is an OK deal? That will black out my pegs.

ZG Super touring shield - Yes, I know the shield looks a little off on the bike as its stick up 2" more. In some of the pictures, it looks huge, but in person, it aint too bad. Atleast I think so. I bought it soley for functionality, not looks!

I am a tall guy. I am 6 ft 3" and about 195 pounds. Before, during street riding, I felt like I was being hit by the wind squarely in the upper torso. Pushed off the bike, sorta. Not sure if I am describing it correctly.

The difference is wind protection is notable now. With this screen, it feels like its being deflected above my head. I feel like its less windy out, I guess.

One sure way I confrmed this is that my hair is waaay less messed up when I ride to work. :) Normally, I have to run to the restroom and fix it, but today I barely had to press it back down. Also, seems like I can ride faster on the street - kinda like wearing a helmet. I was doing 70 down a 35 coz the "speed" effect of the wind is gone and I feel more comfortable riding faster! So, I need to watch out for the po-po! :shock:

Also, I don't have to lay on the tank to totally kill the wind. I just duck a little when I slide all the way back and no wind in my face!

It will help on the interstate a lot!

I ordered it from whitebuffaloracing per the advice. It took almost 4 weeks to get here.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Thank you very much for your comments, very helpful. I may be getting one of these screens at some point in the future. I wanted to comment on something you said, though:
rogue said:
One sure way I confrmed this is that my hair is waaay less messed up when I ride to work. :) Normally, I have to run to the restroom and fix it, but today I barely had to press it back down. Also, seems like I can ride faster on the street - kinda like wearing a helmet. I was doing 70 down a 35 coz the "speed" effect of the wind is gone and I feel more comfortable riding faster!
Maybe I misunderstood, but I've gotta ask: Are you actually riding 70 in a 30 without a helmet? Please dont. Please dont ever ride without your helmet. Besides being illegal in most (all?) states, it's extremely unsafe. I've thoroughly enjoyed your reviews on the holeshot and the windscreen, and I would prefer you be alive to give us more gear reviews!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
gahdzila said:
Maybe I misunderstood, but I've gotta ask: Are you actually riding 70 in a 30 without a helmet? Please dont. Please dont ever ride without your helmet. Besides being illegal in most (all?) states, it's extremely unsafe. I've thoroughly enjoyed your reviews on the holeshot and the windscreen, and I would prefer you be alive to give us more gear reviews!
why do you bother? if a state has no helmet law, then people don't have to wear them. i personally don't stop when i cross into ct. or pa. and take the helmet off. but some people prefer not to wear a helmet. as long as it's legal, it's perfectly within their rights to do so, or not do so.

helmet threads are as worthwhile as oil threads

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, no. I always watch my speed. I was trying to say that I gunned it to pass someone and stayed at that speed. I looked down and saw I was do like 70, but it didnt feel like it. I generally wear my helmet. Its been hotter than hell this week and my helmet is black, so I didnt wear the lid.

Yes - Iowa has no helmet laws. I am 28 and responsible. I admit I used to streetrace cars in the past, but it was a part of growing up. I keep it at the track now!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
idaho- no helmet laws. still wear mine 99% of the time.

I just ordered my low mount black holeshot yesterday. I cannot wait to put this baby on. My pal rides an FZ1 with a muzzy slip on and i'm tired of him getting all the approving nods.

I also have to say I appreciate Dale (from holeshot) a LOT. spoke with him yesterday and he was incredibly helpful and very easy to deal with. the only holeshot i've seen was on a bandit, but i just wanted something different from all the kids and their yosh's up here. (no offense to yosh owners).

the highmount looks great. i hope i don't regret going with low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that does look good. i'm getting all giddy, now. hurry up, UPS!

you guys are making me want to do the fender eliminator, too. these look so clean without that monstrocity back there. how much did you pay for that hugger (if this is your bike)?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
wow that looks good!! Nice choice!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts