Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i recently signed up for this message board, but have been reading on it for awhile now. i have a yellow 05 naked and have just bought a holeshot high pipe (black of course) and fender eliminator (flush mount blinkers). I was just wondering about installing the blinkers. when i spoke to dave on the phone, he said that a sodering iron would be good along with heat shrink wire coating. has anyone done this install before? im sure someone here has... but i was just wondering if all that is needed? i was thinking that some connectors and electrical tape would work fine....

also, does anyone know how to eliminate deceleration popping from the high pipe without buying a PCII?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I spliced the wires with electrical tape. I am not sure I am going to keep the flushmounts, I may go to the Clear Alternatives signal integrators so I did not want to put a lot of time in the flush mount lights. Be carefull though, once you mount the lights they are on there pretty good with a VHB type adhesive. I suspect they would be hard to remove so I installed them over a clear removable urethane film.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rcrosier said:
hey guys,

i recently signed up for this message board, but have been reading on it for awhile now.  i have a yellow 05 naked and have just bought a holeshot high pipe (black of course) and fender eliminator (flush mount blinkers).  I was just wondering about installing the blinkers.  when i spoke to dave on the phone, he said that a sodering iron would be good along with heat shrink wire coating.  has anyone done this install before?  im sure someone here has... but i was just wondering if all that is needed?  i was thinking that some connectors and electrical tape would work fine....

also, does anyone know how to eliminate deceleration popping from the high pipe without buying a PCII?
You can also use quick wire connects that you just crimp, but I recommend soldering them.

Popping rocks, a PCIII makes it a little better, but most enjoy the decel noise :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

I installed the pipe and the fender kit and also the napolean black mirrors. The bike looks AWESOME now. Practically all yellow and black. I have been riding it without blinkers (just using hand signals) until I buy a soldering iron, which i plan to do soon.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts