Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Dale's new fender eliminator kit for their SV650? I looked at the hotbodies but I've heard too many complaints about the color matching with the 05 models, blinker placement and visibility.

Should I go with the flush mounts or the cat eyes?

If possible I'd like to see pics. I'm about to go all-in on a fender eliminator and a holeshot high mount. Right now its looking like Dale's getting exclusive mod rights to my bike, and I'd really like to get some opinions on this.

I'm guessing I'm going to need a hugger also to keep the crap off my rear suspension. Is the hugger really a must after the fender elim mod?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've got a ride-engineering fe and I can say that you will probably want a hugger with it. It's pretty eye-opening what that ugly mudshovel caught while it was on my bike. I think you'd be making a great choice by going with Dale's products (especially the high mount pipe). I'm about to break down and buy one of his pipes when the time comes (still working on a new front end)

Y

·
0 Posts
I ended up using a Targa LED kit... you cannot see the signals, period.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my holeshot FE.  I went with the cat eyes 'cause i don't have a high mount exhaust.  I think it looks great (sorry no pics but Dales site has some good shots) and it totally seals the rear end up--other FEs have a gap of varying dimensions.

A couple of downsides:  1.  You will have cut your stock signals off and solder on new connections.  I didn't mind but some people might.

2.  If you plan on putting a heavy travel bag on the tail and using bungee cords you will have to avoid using them on the plate bracket as an anchor.  In and of itself it is sturdy but I wouldn't use it as an anchor.

Do you need a hugger?  No.  But as you pointed out, it will keep things cleaner.   I bought one cause i have a Penske shock and I don't want that getting sullied!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts