Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have to say I'm disappointed with Holeshot. I called to order the coupler to reattach my stock exhaust only to be informed the new price is 29.95 which is not stated on the website. I understand the webpage states "Prices subject to change without notice" but that doesn't change the fact that they should sell it for the price listed. A 10 dollar loss to them is worth it since they now know they need to update a particular page. I will say that Dale was very nice about it and explained why he raised the price... but I'm still disappointed. So to remount the new exhause it costs $40.90 and that doesn't include shipping.

Ali

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I have a coupler that would probably work and will sell it to for $10 shipped if you haven't already ordered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the two clamps?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
let me get a pic of it tonight for you so you can make sure it is what you want. I got it with a Nikko slip-on I bought some time back but never used it and it has set in my box of extra parts since. Its a one piece deal and no clamps. I think it just needed a couple bolts to hold it together... will email you pics tonight. ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah it covers there butt but it is still poor business practice. They should still update the site when they update all other price lists.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Well on the page it DOES say 30$, but on another part of the page it says 20$. Kinda misleading, but just a lack of updating. I'm guessing ya saw the 20$.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Okay blah blah blah about the prices.

Why are you putting your stock can back on your bike is the real question that needs to be answered???

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Nexus242 said:

Why are you putting your stock can back on your bike is the real question that needs to be answered???
he is selling his bike - and I would love to sweet talk him into selling his Holeshot to me dirt cheap if it is a highmount. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
AlexJ said:
he is selling his bike - and I would love to sweet talk him into selling his Holeshot to me dirt cheap if it is a highmount. ;)
You can practice your sweet talk on me tonight if your interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AlexJ said:
he is selling his bike - and I would love to sweet talk him into selling his Holeshot to me dirt cheap if it is a highmount.  ;)
I don't have a holeshot, I have a Yosh RS3 Race Stainless oval which in my opinion is better :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nexus242 said:

Cause it sounds much nicer lol. Like Alex said, I'm selling the bike and want to sell the yosh seperatly

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
eidaj said:
Cause it sounds much nicer lol.  Like Alex said, I'm selling the bike and want to sell the yosh seperatly
yep... that is best way to get most $$$ for selling a bike... most people just don't pay extra for mods so selling stock and mods seperate seems to make more sense sometimes

thanks for the payment... I will try to get the clamp shipped out tomorrow for you ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
syntheticton said:
yep... that is best way to get most $$$ for selling a bike... most people just don't pay extra for mods so selling stock and mods separate seems to make more sense sometimes

thanks for the payment... I will try to get the clamp shipped out tomorrow for you  ;)
No problem, I'm going to miss the camaraderie on this board.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
just cause you won't have an SV doesn't mean you can't hang around ;)

are you getting new bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I'm getting a new bike but I'm still researching which one to get. I want a power cruiser, either a kawi meanstreak 1600, vtx 1300 or a marauder

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
VTX is the Honda model right? those seem kinda cool with all the customizable options available

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes they are but all the cruisers I listed have hundreds of mod options. I can't wait to find a good deal, I'm going to try and test ride a vtx at a dealership in canton this week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts