Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What's that Greek stuff you're speaking?
Haha... Here is a video guide for you!

Ollie:

Kickflip:

Heelflip:

Noseslide:

And my favorite... Nollie 360 Heelflip!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So I got my guitar.. but have barely had time to mess with it. I'll post some pics up when work slows down.. It looks like I may end up with two guitars.. I bought a martin from the guy and passed on the traveler. Then I got a message from him that said he would drop the price on the traveler significantly.. :mad:

Anyone want a martin backpacker for 100usd? I'm in the sacramento area. :p

It is in great condition and has the strap and bag. I would be willing to ship it as well..

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, I made it back from my 15 day stint in Sacramento. It was an awesome trip. I hit up every brewpub in the area (some more than twice) and had two days free to explore downtown sac. The city is really nice. I love the area.

Somehow I wound up with two guitars, as stated previously. This is one of them:

It is a Martin backpacker. It is cool that it only weighs 2.5lbs but I really don't care for it at all. It is hard to hold. It weighs too little and has no indention for your leg. As I change chords, it always slides away from my body. :( But that is OK. It is on CL right now. It shouldn't take too long to sell..

The main reason for making this post is the traveler. I have never been so happy with one of my guitars. It is perfect in every way to suit my guitar needs at home and away. It is nylon stringed and has a built-in preamp for headphone listening. It has a flip-switch that switches between headphones and normal amplifier output. The sound it produces in the headphones is quite impressive. When I find a mini-to-mini cable I will record something for you guys. :p I assure you, the guitar is more impressive than my playing. The nylon strings are easier on my fingers than steel, so I'm hoping that those days where I have several hours to play with it I will be able to play without finger tip pain.

The tuners are completely enclosed by the body of the guitar. This is a huge deal for me even around the house. I was constantly having to balance my more expensive guitar against something to keep the tuners from being bumped. Locking tuners would have prevented this but I also hated to have my gloss coated guitars around the living area for fear they would get scratched.

The fingerboard is full scale so practicing on it should carry right over to my other full size instruments. I carried the traveler on the plane and checked the Martin. The body of the Martin feels quite fragile. The body of the traveler is a hunk of mostly solid wood. It is quite stout. Anyway, I thought I would share my thoughts on my new guitar. I have been practicing a good bit and am better than I ever have been. Hopefully the convenience of having the little guitar around the house will aid me in practicing more often. I love being able to just throw the traveler on the extra couch and not worry about it getting out of tune. Not to mention I bought it for half of MSRP. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats on now having five guitars that you are unable to play. Those are pretty cool though. Get to practicing, become a big star, and remember us little people here on the SV forums for giving you such a hard time that you were finally inspired to become a guitar hero.

:rock:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am headed to sell the backpacker. 125% of what I paid. Not too shabby.

So that makes only 4 guitars I can't play! :facepalm:

But seriously - one was given to me, one was a gift, one I bought because it is cool, and the other I bought because it was practical. Now that I'm out of college and have sworn to leave my desk work at work I should be able to pick up where I left off and actually get somewhere. All my other guitars are back home. I'll get them whenever we buy a house (hopefully this summer). I can't wait to play with the jackson. I haven't even held it in over a year. I love to hold that thing. Makes me feel important.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts