Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing like finishing up a 12hr work day and realizing that someone hit your bike and ran. This is why I hate everyone. It looks like a delivery truck backed into the front of my bike. The front fender is trashed and it looks like it either bent the front fork or twisted the triple clamp. I have to steer about 2 inches to the right to go strait. Any ideas on how to fix the forks? I thought about loosening the clamps to see if it will straiten itself out but I was so irratated I didnt want to look at it. The only good thing was that it didnt fall over. It pushed the whole bike back about foot even though it was in gear but never fell. Anyone have a Gladius front fender in black they would like to sell?

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
If the forks are just twisted then you can just loosen everything up with the front end off the ground and wiggle it back into place.

Your best bet it to remove the fork tubes completely and twist the inner tube while you hold the outer tube in place and you will be able to see if the inner tube is bent

·
Registered
87 Posts
did you report it? depending on where this happened (and your local police) there may even be surveillance video. Might be worth reporting so someone else/insurance can pay.

sorry to hear about the incident!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you report it? depending on where this happened (and your local police) there may even be surveillance video. Might be worth reporting so someone else/insurance can pay.

sorry to hear about the incident!
Yeah I got the state police report. The biggest problem I have is that I know it was a diver from the company I work for. Since no one will say they saw him do it they are trying to get out of paying for it. I have pictures with tire tracks and everything. They just deny deny deny. Its how they operate. It sucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the forks are just twisted then you can just loosen everything up with the front end off the ground and wiggle it back into place.

Your best bet it to remove the fork tubes completely and twist the inner tube while you hold the outer tube in place and you will be able to see if the inner tube is bent
I might have to give it a shot. I have never taken apart a set of forks before though. Anything I should know? I am pretty good with a wrench and do all of the work on my own cars but I have never had my bike apart anymore than a exhaust swap and a handle bar swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts