Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the last time I had a good ride (month and a half ago) I have read Total Control. Today I went for the same ride as last time with a couple other guys on an R6 and a R1.

I was able to start practicing leaning off and picking my apex. I could deff tell a difference, and am now much more confidant in how the bike handles. My form still needs a lot of work, but I was able to take turns at 55-60, that I took at 25-30 last time ;D.

The first part had some high speed sweepers and I kept catching up to the R1, so I took the lead through the real twisty stuff, I would loose them both in the turns, and they would catch back up in the straights.

The other guys couldn't believe that I have only been back on a bike for 3 months. Neither of them left their seats.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Righties were the hardest to start out with, keeping the left arm straight, Pushing with the right while adding throttle, took a few to get it where I didn't let off the throttle as I leaned. I need to ride with someone that knows what form should look like so they can critique me.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Righties were the hardest to start out with, keeping the left arm straight, Pushing with the right while adding throttle, took a few to get it where I didn't let off the throttle as I leaned. I need to ride with someone that knows what form should look like so they can critique me.
if you post some pics of you riding, just about everyone here will "critique" you more than you could ever want ;D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are some good ways to get pics of riding? in the hills here there arn't very many places that you can get a good pic in a curve?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Now take a class with a good instructor and blow them away even more, with proper form. Just be careful about building bad habits and bad riding posture.

:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Planning on taking the total control class with Lee next year, but don't know if i can wait that long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts