Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I and my bike are okay, amazingly enough.  I made a BIG mistake.  I was stopped at a red light, getting ready to turn left (west), and when it turned green, I forgot to check for traffic.  I ALWAYS try to do this, but the one time I didn't, a big black Chevy truck ran the light going east.  I didn't notice until it was nearly too late, and hit the truck part of the way through my turn with my front wheel.  Somehow I managed to stay upright, and the driver of the truck pulled over to see if I was alright.  Apparently I hit her rear tire - there were no marks on the truck and a very slight tire mark on my right front fork and the axle bolt.  I would have been pretty angry if I hadn't been so happy to still be alive, and the girl driving the truck was very apologetic.  The impact seemed so violent that I was amazed there was no damage to the bike.  I apparently have really good bad luck.

Always, ALWAYS check for traffic before going through a green light.

Edit:  The truck was headed west too, not east.  Got just a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye just before we hit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
DerbyBlue said:
Always, ALWAYS check for traffic before going through a green light.
Yes indeed, a warning that should not be taken lightly. Derby, glad you are ok.....I think the Gods were with you.

I try and scan even before the light changes so I get a feel for what the traffic is doing and then keep scanning as the light is turning and then watch after it changes. Apparently there are many drivers out there that cannot distinguish between red and green :mad:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JohnEsv said:
Yes indeed, a warning that should not be taken lightly. Derby, glad you are ok.....I think the Gods were with you.

My wife prays alot, so you may be right...

I spent about 15 minutes checking the bike over (after I stopped shaking) before riding it home. Aside from the scuff on the fork, the only thing I can see is what looks like some tire rubber on a corner of the front axle bolt head. It's literally not even dinged. I'll do a more thorough check before I ride again though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Damn! Go buy a lottery ticket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts