Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm riding down Broadway in my home town today just minding my own business when this grey cat runs out in front of me. I didn't have time to react so I ran it right over. Split it right down the middle, it was pretty gross. Now, I don't really care for cats much but I wouldn't hurt one if I could help it. I pulled over. Since it happened right in front of an assisted living home, I figured that's where it came from. So I went over to the building and asked if anyone know who's cat it was. Sure enough it belonged to an old lady in the building. They gave me her apartment # and I went to tell her the bad news. I told her and she was pretty upset. I appoligized profusely and she was on the brink of tears. I felt horrible about the whole thing. So I told her that if she had a shoe box or something, I'll take the cat and bury it somewhere so at least it's not laying dead in the street(I didn't word it exactly that way)
She grabed an empty box from her apartment and handed it to me. I went down, scraped the cat into the box and strapped it to my bike (was a little worried about coming back to birds all over my bike). I went back up and and offered the lady some $ because I felt bad. I figured it would at least help her pay for food for her other cat or, if she decided to adopt another one, it would cover shots and having it spayed.
She refused, but I insisted. I gave her $50 because that's all I had on me. She thanked me and I left. I got back downstairs, then called the cops on her and had her arrested.

Ah, good times.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
My ex-wife had a cat for almost 20 years. It survived a coyote attack when we lived in CA, but died when we were in Bangkok. Since we lived in the city, there was no place to bury it. I told her I would take care of it. There was a strip of grass by my office in the embassy, and I said I would bury it there. She put it into a little box with some padding and its favorite toys. I drove it to the embassy, and tossed it in the dumpster.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Lame.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts