Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to describe this. I'm getting this sort of hissing rattling noise when accelerating coming from somewhere in the front engine area, maybe even the radiator area? Kind of like a wind noise blowing through something? Sorry for the poor description. Hard to tell as it only occurs when riding and it's hard to put my head under the bike at that time. :) Any thoughts/suggestions on what this might be or how I can give more details to help explain better would be appreciated?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offense taken. I was going to take a look at the radiator this weekend. This is a new thing so I hadn't had a chance to look. What exactly are you suggesting the issue with the fan(s) might be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My fans on 2001 sv get somewhat loud when they kick on and they only kick on when I ride hard or fast for more then 10min. I would try tightening the mounts and also see if there was something stuck in it. Also check your horn mount. Maybe it got loose and its close enough to the radiator to make a racket when the fans kick on.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Maybe its wind noise from your helmet? I hate myself when I get paranoid about this weird noise, only to find out it was my helmet.

Check level in radiator, just incase.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it may be fan related. definitely sounds like something in that area and fan related. i will check that first thing. the horn looked fine when i checked quickly the other day but i'll double check.

the coolant is full and it is definitely not the helmet. this i already knew for sure, but i took it around the block without a helmet once(i never ride without a helmet) just to get a better listen.

thanks much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts