Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muhahaha... The SV-R has some more bark now, with a full Hindle stainless steel system with a round aluminum Supersport race can. Thankfully, we don't have safety inspections in New Brunswick, cause this mofo is LOUD, especially when it's combined with my open airbox :D

Get this: the stock system (pipe, headers and brackets) weighs over 22 lbs. The FULL Hindle system weighs 6 lbs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i wonder what the Ti one weighs... looks great, btw.

A

·
0 Posts
This is OT, but where did you get the "R" sticker? Was it cropped from one of the gixxer stickers they sell at dealerships or what?

Also, how much did that exhaust run you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
TS,

Where did you buy your system from? I'm trying ot do some cost comparison to see which exhaust system gets the most bang for the buck and supporting a Canadian company is appealing to me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S0! said:
TS,

Where did you buy your system from?  I'm trying ot do some cost comparison to see which exhaust system gets the most bang for the buck and supporting a Canadian company is appealing to me.
I live in Canada, so I bought the system from my local BMW/Yamaha dealer through the Parts Canada network. I paid 900$ CDN, tax in, including a Techlusion FI controller. Hindle isn't the best quality, but it is cheap, sounds good, and give good power gains.

I had the R stickers custom printed by a local graphic design shop, they were taken from the pre-SRAD GSXR logo, I believe.

J

·
0 Posts
TestaStretta said:
I live in Canada, so I bought the system from my local BMW/Yamaha dealer through the Parts Canada network. I paid 900$ CDN, tax in, including a Techlusion FI controller. Hindle isn't the best quality, but it is cheap, sounds good, and give good power gains.

I had the R stickers custom printed by a local graphic design shop, they were taken from the pre-SRAD GSXR logo, I believe.
I disagree, Hindle has great quality. Although sometimes their welds are not as attractive sometimes, they build their pipes from scratch to get the best power gains. And they have a great warrenty, if any peice is ever defective or if there are any problems they will replace it for free.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the info!

TS, Care to enlighten us with a sound clip? I'd love to hear how your baby sounds.

R

·
0 Posts
Finally someone besides me has a full Hindle system, I was wondering why no one else had one :'( And yes its loud and light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts