Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliffs notes: Has anyone ever made highway pegs for their SV?

While I love twisties, highway trips are a joy and necessity too. After hearing a suggestion here, I've rested my legs out front on the motosliders. The result loosely resembles a cruiser position, but my calves soon get tired of my weight on the hard motosliders.

So this brought to mind fabbing up metal pieces like the existing passenger pegs, but which will swing down from the front forks. They would ideally allow me to allow me to ride in a cruiser seating position with my feet resting on the highway pegs and an upright posture for my torso. So has anyone ever tried something like this? I think it would increase the comfort of long trips.

·
Registered
378 Posts
might be a good idea... I don't think attaching them to the front forks is a good idea... when you turn your legs would be moving too then...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Motosliders do an awesome job plus they save you in a crash!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking at my 2003 sv for a little while... I think I might have an idea. Is there any riders near Lancaster, PA that can fabricate with metal? Basic welding skills and tools would probably suffice.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I make a mental note of this every year when I take a weekend into the mountains. It'd be a great idea to make something that could swing down, and swing back up out of the way.

·
Registered
679 Posts
These are pretty nice(from post three link)

too bad i've got an 650S and like hitting the canyons, that might not work out so well through tight turns ;)
that bike appears to have an erector set attached to it...

+1 on motosliders, my sliders got me out to indianapolis and back to nj in (relative) comfort

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I make a mental note of this every year when I take a weekend into the mountains. It'd be a great idea to make something that could swing down, and swing back up out of the way.
That is part of the design that I"m hopefully going to pursue. I just have to find someone with more metal welding skills than mine=none:).

·
Registered
78 Posts
How is this coming along? I am interested and have thought along the same lines as the OP.

Subscribing with hope!

·
Registered
789 Posts
anyone interested in highway pegs... there's a guy that bought a SV where the previous owner installed actual pegs - see thread: SVR Thread: New SV Owner

you can either draw ideas or just buy the darn thing from him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts