Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a high mount burn my girl friends leg?

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Holeshot high-mount gets slightly warm,
But nothing near enough to burn, I can happily grab the can with my bare hand after riding.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good thanx guys

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does that hole shot sound by the way? thats one of the ones i was thinking of getting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
B.a. said:
how does that hole shot sound by the way?  thats one of the ones i was thinking of getting.
I like it... It isn't the quietest can out there, but not obnoxiously loud either.
You can ride quite happily down your street at low revs and keep the neighbours happy,
and then it growls nicely at higher revs and big throttle openings.

Adam (avidsvrider) had a couple of clips of his holeshot on his website.
The site is down ATM , but he may be able to e-mail them to you if you send him a PM

·
Registered
419 Posts
+10,000 for the Holeshot. I have two now :) one on my 1st gen and one on the 2nd gen :) They are wonderful exhausts and sound great. Not to mention backed by the best customer service EVER.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah.. almost worth buying from Holeshot purely for the customer service.
Dale is fantastic to deal with.
As an added bonus.. you get a pipe that looks and sounds great ;D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cyclerider105 said:

Nope, got an M4 high mount on my 05 SVs and no problems at all!  No burns!  :eek:
did you paint the rear foot pegs, and front pegs?? or is that a shadow?

·
Registered
397 Posts
They don't burn??? Are you guys using the carbon fiber ones? Cuz I know for a fact that the stock can burns the hell out of things...and I just ordered a high mount scorpion stainless...I'd still think they'd burn ppl pretty bad. How de hell are you able to touch the can after you ride???

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pics above look like a CF can. I have a CF Two brothers can, and I can grab it with my bare hand after a hard ride and not get burnt. CF dissapates the heat much better then stainless.
I've heard Titanium can's don't get as hot either, but somebody who has one may be able to chime in on this.

shekshishekki said:
They don't burn??? Are you guys using the carbon fiber ones? Cuz I know for a fact that the stock can burns the hell out of things...and I just ordered a high mount scorpion stainless...I'd still think they'd burn ppl pretty bad. How de hell are you able to touch the can after you ride???

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
True Blue said:
I've heard Titanium can's don't get as hot either, but somebody who has one may be able to chime in on this.
The Ti's get hot too. They just cool down a lot quicker than stainless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a scorpion high mount, and i have done MANY miles with my girlfriend, it really stays relatively cool. She has never said anything about it being too hot or getting burned. The only concern I have with it is that her foot hits it sometimes and it doenst always look pretty afterwards :mad:

·
Registered
81 Posts
shekshishekki said:
The stock can is more restrictive than most aftermarket ones.
Which means it traps the hot gas in the can for longer, so the can heats up.
At least that's my guess. I was surprised by how cool my holeshot can stays.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts