Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a high mount Holeshot slipon on my 06 650. Looks awesome sounds awesome but is it is a real hassle IMO. I made a custom bracket to hold my blinkers and plate but being aluminum it fatigued and broke. I dislike the integrated turn signal setups look and well as being illegal here in WA. What do I need to convert my high mount to a low mount? Anybody want to make a trade? Anybody have any cool rear turn signal setups that work well with the high mount?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a Yoshi TRS chrome that I'll trade. Ive been wanting to get a high mount for a while now. Let me know if that interests you.

Will

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
with the comp werk FE kit, never had a problem with my high mount, except couldn't use saddlebags. you have the stock shovel on the back?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the comp werk FE kit, never had a problem with my high mount, except couldn't use saddlebags. you have the stock shovel on the back?

Is this the same kit you have installed above just with your plate mounted forward or what? I'm not a huge fan of FE kits at all honestly. I think I may want to put the shovel back on and rock the stock setup. I'm sick of my tail lights getting covered in mud/crap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, WCJ and I are trading cans. Here is evidence that I actually removed it and packed er up. :)

Enjoy:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Here's the Yoshi removed and waiting on the box to send to you. Wont be able to ride until the replacement gets here. :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
And why can't you ride till you get the new one in? Have you started your bike up w/o the pipe? It's a lot of fun to cruise around w/o your slip-on...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Is this the same kit you have installed above just with your plate mounted forward or what? I'm not a huge fan of FE kits at all honestly. I think I may want to put the shovel back on and rock the stock setup. I'm sick of my tail lights getting covered in mud/crap.

yeah, its the same. i got hassled a few times for having the plate up underneath the bike, then finally got a ticket by a J.O. wsp. so i went ahead and moved it back with an L bracket from lowes.

my taillights don't get too bad, i do keep a rag in the garage for wiping off the head/tail lights. i don't wash it all that often.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Neurot-

The Holeshot got here today and the tracking# for the Yoshi is in your email. Let me know when you get the Yoshi. I didnt realize the Holeshot was that much louder than the Yoshi. You'll appreciate the Yoshi being quieter.

Here's how the Holeshot looks like on my '05.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
that is a bamf for a bike you got there WCJ. i thought about getting a highmount and then remembered i wouldn't be able to use saddle bags - that kind of sucks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I like the colour scheme but you should add some blue to the lowers.

+10 for holeshot;D
Yeah. I wanted to have some blue on the lowers, but the cost of the blue paint wasnt in the plans. Maybe I'll sticker the hell out of the bottom.... ;D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Yeah. I wanted to have some blue on the lowers, but the cost of the blue paint wasnt in the plans. Maybe I'll sticker the hell out of the bottom.... ;D
You're close... go to a decal store and ask if they have any pearl blue vinyl. I got a 5'x3' sheet of red and a 4'x2' sheet of grey for $26. You should be able to put some blue on the lowers for less than $20.

Lucky you on the High Mount trade... I want one too! Tho... it would make mounting hard saddlebags interesting..

·
Registered
476 Posts
How 'bout stock signals with M4 High Mount?

Doesn't get much more reliable and visible than that...plus it was free...well, almost free. Just bought a couple M5 bolts to run through the rubber that I trimmed off the stock signal stalks. Then the stock nut threaded on it from inside the F.E. just like normal.

Only issues after a few hundred miles was that the nuts were vibrating loose causing the left side signal to hang after prolonged riding on the highway. I put blue loctite on it...we'll see how that holds up.

Lost the nut on the right side due to the same problem, obviously the exhaust holds it in place so it won't vibrate out. I will buy a new M5 nut and use loctite as I did on the left...hopefully won't have any more problems after that.

The signal actually touches the can ON a rivet so I doubt that heat that high up and on the rivet will cause any melting of the signal. Maybe vibration will cause it to crack after time, but I have many hundred miles on it and haven't seen even the smallest signs of cracking. if it becomes a problem, I can dremel off a few milimeters of the signal at the base and will have some clearance w/o contact with the can.

Maviryk said:
Lucky you on the High Mount trade... I want one too! Tho... it would make mounting hard saddlebags interesting..
Hard saddlebags (or any saddlebags) are definitely out, I couldn't get past the look though!!! Besides, a hard topcase is definitely doable:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Neurot-

The Holeshot got here today and the tracking# for the Yoshi is in your email. Let me know when you get the Yoshi. I didnt realize the Holeshot was that much louder than the Yoshi. You'll appreciate the Yoshi being quieter.

Looks good. Yeah its really **** loud man. I've done a few 8+ hour days with no ear plugs and it was miserable. Ear Plugs FTW. I'd have my bike back togehter but my turn sig wires are now too short. :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Neurot-

Hi, don't mean to hijack but I just had to comment on your paint scheme. I have an 05' S with a scarily similar look only mine is yellow.
Yours LQQKs *****en!
Yellow IS faster though ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts