Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently offered the opportunity to buy back a bike that exited my garage some time ago and, when I saw it being driven off on the back of a trailer, I asked myself... Oh Sh*t... what the hell did I just do? So, I am now seriously considering parting ways with a very highly customized SV which I put a ton of time and money into. I have yet to add up the total spent on aftermarket mods (I will work on it, though). Recognizing that I am not going to get back anywhere near what I have invested in the bike, my comfort lies in the fact that am about to get my old bike back at a very reasonable price.

So... here's the deal. I am offering the bike up for sale at the bargain basement price of $4,100 OBO with everything pictured (again, I will update this post with a list of the aftermarket add-ons plus what they cost me). The bike is in phenomenal condition both cosmetically and mechanically. Why the exceptionally low asking price given the pricey add-ons you ask? Well... when I purchased the bike it had a "rebuilt" legend on the title and that legend still appears on the current title which is in my hands. Not sure why the bike ever carried that brand on the title but rest assured this bike runs straight & true and is built they way the SVs should have been built (IMO).

Here is a link to some pics of the bike as purchased leading up to its current state in red drab with lots of bling:

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/mcd432_photos/05 SV650/

If you are a serious buyer (read... any low ball foolishness and endless request for pics will be ignored), shoot me a PM and I will get back to you with the information you are seeking in a timely fashion. Also, if for some unforeseen reason the owner of the bike previously owned backs out of the deal, all bets are off in terms of the sale of the SV.

Bike is located outside of Chapel Hill, NC and has about 9.5k miles on the odometer.

Finally, if the bike does not fetch a fair price in it current completed state, it may be coming apart and will be available in the form of parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Off with the family for a long weekend and finally got a list together. Here ya go.

2005 SV650-R Add-Ons

- GSX-R Items (Forks (freshly serviced by Cogent Dynamics), Triples, Calipers & Wheel)
- Zero Gravity Light Smoke Windscreen
- Ohlins Steering Damper with Custom SV Mount
- Galfer Custom Kevlar Black Brake Lines (Front & Rear)
- Vesrah RJL (Gold) Front & New Galfer HH Pads Reat
- SVRP 2.5" Clip-ons
- Pazzo Adjustable Billet Clutch & Brake Levers
- TWF Clutch Cable
- R6 Quick Twist Throttle
- Carbon Fiber Front Fender With Fenda Extenda
- Carbon Fiber Upper Fairing Lower
- Greg's Billet Integrated Front LED Side Turn Signals
- LED Front Turn Signals Integrated Into Head Light Running Lights
- 12-O'Clock Speedo Healer (Set precisely to GPS speed)
- Applied Electronics Sealed Digital Volt Meter
- All Balls Taper Front Steering Bearings
- All Balls Wheel Bearings (added when the wheels were powder coated)
- 1st Gen Intake- Exhaust Cam Swap
- K&N Filter
- Factory Pro Velocity Stacks (70/30)
- Tech Spec Tank Grips
- Vortex Billet Gas Cap (Not currently on bike but goes with it)
- Sargent Seat
- PowerCommander III with Custom Map
- Pyramid Plastics Rear Seat Cowl
- SWMotech Top Case Mount With Givi Top Case Plate
- Frame Sliders (Don't recall the brand... I think they are Shogun?)
- M4 Full Titanium Race Mount Exhaust
- Rear Fender Tidy Kit
- Ohlins Rear Shock (Freshly Serviced by Cogent Dynamics)
- Gold Chain & AFAM Sprockets (Stock Gearing)
- Billet Foot Pegs & Shifter (Don't recall the brand?)
- Rear Sliders (Don't recall the brand... but again, I think they are Shogun?)
- Custom Paint & Decals (all under clear coat). All Professionally done and a little on the plus side of $1k
- Professional powder coating. Pretty well in excess of $600.

I think that about does it but I know I've missed some other items. I have some other misc stuff in a big-ol box in the garage (stock & misc aftermarket items)

I am sure you guys can get a rough idea how much has spent on the aftermarket items. Suffice it to say it is more than I am asking for the bike.

All add-on items were added at a little over 8K miles on the bike.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
476 Posts
man that is a pretty sharp bike. Holy cow. Some **** fine add-on's too. I'm not in the market, but I just wanted to compliment the work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drummer92,

Some gifted folks on this board have put together some amazing SVs... but... I appreciate getting an honorable mention plug.

·
Registered
189 Posts
cant currently view the bike but interested, only issue is im in fredericksbur, va, which is about 300 miles away

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Carolina guy indicated that he would like to pick the bike up over the weekend. Given that he has convinced me he truly wants the bike and was the 1st contact me, I have decided to give him the 1st crack at a purchase. If the bike is still sitting in the garage by the end of the upcoming weekend, I will reach out to those of you who have expressed an interest in the bike and will update this post accordingly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SOLD

Bike has been SOLD. Thanks SVrider! Moderators, please feel free to remove this post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts