Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I鈥檓 thinking about getting some high visibility rim tape, I ride at nights on highways and I think they look super cool 馃槑 what do you guys think?

Registered
If that is simply a reflective rim tape, it won't be useful on highway rides because it "shines" only when perpendicularly hit by a beamlight, which means a car incoming at 90掳 angle: quite unusual on highways.

It works at junctions, where a motorcycle (slimmer than a car, and with less produced light pattern) might go unnoticed.

Registered
I've had this exact tape on my bike for the past 3 years and can highly recommend it. I have received multiple comments of car drivers passing me on parking lots complimenting me on how bright they are. Those are pretty well designed reflectors that work from various angles, not just straight on 90 degrees.
They're much more effective than the teeny bicycle style reflectors that come stock on the forks (I've removed mine, and I ride in the dark a lot).

Here are two Instagram pics and one from my garage:
  • this one on a pitch black night with flash and off angle. The flashlight obviously exaggerates the reflection compared to a car's headlights.
  • this one during a sunny day without flash. The front wheel tape still reflects a lot of light as you can see even off angle.
  • or this one shot under a ceiling light without flash in my garage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts