Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where or how I can get a high mount exhaust that fits in BEHIND the rear passenger footpegs? I've seen pics of this all over the place but could never really find one. I have a 2002 SV650s and I'd like to get a exhaust like that. Could I just get any slip-on and tell the service department to custom mount it like that? Or does it have to be a special kit that I need to get? Lemm know!!! Thanks!!!

V

·
0 Posts
You need some spacers like these. This is from the Holeshot website. They sell a really nice high mount slipon that a lot of folks on here are running including me.

Welcome to the board, you should introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
+ 1 You need to get some spacers and you won't have a problem. I do believe, though, that if you do a holeshot on an '02 you will need to do a fender eliminator as well. If you check Dale's site it gives you all the info. Either way, you will need spacers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dale Walker is the owner of HoleShot Performance... he makes a great exhaust system for the SV and also provides excellent service... his website is... www.holeshot.com

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I believe the Micron and Yoshimura highmounts keep the passenger footpegs as well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but they're way too expensive :p $400 is already pretty hefty...micron likes to limit their systems to FULL systems and yoshimura's is like frikkin $600ish...i like the M4 atm. Does that drilling holes in the inner back plate of the exhaust can really make the bike sound better? lol I think its a pretty funny idea really...

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
All you need are some aluminum spacers and longer bolts. My Devil came w/all that to retain my passenger pegs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got an M4 high-mount slip-on on my 2003, and I love it.

One of the best sounding SV650 around, I get a lot of positive comment on it.

And I love the look of the oval high-mounted canister on my silver '03.

And it comes with spacers, so you retain the passenger footpeg.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you considered a full exhaust?

slip-ons provide only sound and no performance upgrade...well little to no, upgrade.

and they really arent that expensive, unless you want something really trick, like dual, or undertail exhaust.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all the full systems that i've seen are pretty damn expensive compared to slipons...about $300 more :p also, the installation costs goes up more then just $35 for a regular slip on...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BAH frikkin hell....M4 doesn't make high mount slipons for 2002 sv650s :mad: Guess i'll go with Holeshot...how much of a design difference is there between the 2003 exhaust pipe location and the 2002??? Would a 2003 slipon fit a 2002 model???

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
my Scorpion high mount pipe goes right under the pegs, didn't have to do anything to make it fit that way either.

This is my 2002 SV. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
My Renegade goes under the footpeg hanger too. It comes with spacers and longer bolts.

Nexus, got any more pics of your bike. I like the black paint on the pegs and heel plate.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
yeah but they are all pre painting the plate and before I painted and remounted the rear pegs, I've had them off since I got the bike last year. I'm trying to paint that inset channel on the swing arms black or use black vinyl in there to change up my look. Once that get's done I'll take some more pics.

:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
stingray said:
My Renegade goes under the footpeg hanger too. It comes with spacers and longer bolts.
Ditto.. it was already on my 00 when I got it... nice system... very cool "twin" sound.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ooooo oi just checked out the scorpion high mount system!!! its like $100 cheaper ;D awsome, I'm loving this thread, so many ideas so fast ;)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

Yeah Scorpions are awesome!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts