Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first "real" post here and i'm hoping i can get some answers.

I'm looking to replace the stock muffler on my 05 naked with a new one next spring. Currently i'm looking at M4's offerings, specifically the high mount (carbon fiber to go with the black frame) since i think it looks good and lets me retain the rear pegs. However i'm not 100% sure how this will work with the stock blinkers. I'm thinking installing a fender eliminator as well and in that case would probably put Zero-11 blinkers on, but in any case, do the blinkers fit with a high mount?

I pored through 99 pages on the muffler thread looking for styles i liked, but i never saw pictures of the rear end of a bike with a high mount, M4 or otherwise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I put a Holeshot high mount on my 06, they literally are all the same ballpark as far as fit and size. I did a DIY fender elim with a sawzall and some L brackets to mount my plate. Unless you do flush mount rear signals mounted somehwere on the under tail or build a bracket off your plate, and that would really depend on how it is mounted, you are limited on rear signals by a high mount.

I just ended up doing an integrated tail light to keep it simple and clean. It is not very bright during the day and I just ride accordingly. At night it is amazing.

That was a lot of general information so I hope it was at least some what helpful...

This is the only pic I had handy that remotely shows anything from my undertail..

·
Registered
443 Posts
high mount looks sick! I would imagine someone on the right hand side may find it hard to see the blinker tho with the exhaust in the way

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
The M4 high mount doesn't leave much room for blinkers, I have seen a few posts of people that had small blinkers that worked (check the 2nd gen exhaust sticky). Like evn_05 I just went to the integrated tail light.

The M4 lines up more along the tail then the Holeshot.

most of these are older pics

·
Registered
71 Posts
The M4 high mount doesn't leave much room for blinkers, I have seen a few posts of people that had small blinkers that worked...
Seeing this, and taking note of the Zero-11s mentioned, this got me to thinking, there has to be small blinkers that would work, so I checked Rizoma's lineup. While the Zero-11s might be too big, they have other models (Drop, Graffio, Action, & Track 77) that should be small enough, and, if they'd work, I'm guessing there has got to be others that would work. The owner of a local shop knows the SVs more than anyone I know (he's built up over a dozen for racing, including two of his own, plus countless others for street), so I'll be asking him when I see him next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, the input is really helpful. I love the look of the high mount but i don't wanna have to sacrifice visibility to put it on.

I'm interested to see what your guy has to say. I knew that Rizoma's blinkers are small (and incredibly bright) but i didn't know if they were small enough to sneak in without rubbing the pipe.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I copied C-10 Aldehyde and put some LED strips on my tail.

Integrated is the best way. Even if you have space to put a turn signal, you won't be able to see the right one at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buy the pipe and install it, then see how much room you have and find suitable turn signals.
Only reason i wanted an opinion is because i want to remain as visible as possible. If i couldn't fit signals that would be a problem.

Also, as far as the integrated systems go, are they sufficiently bright? I've heard that a lot are rather dim, and since you're losing some tail light brightness as well, it would be a lose/lose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.