Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is idling around 2500 ouch. lol
I am pretty sure that the idle adjustment cable is routed the wrong way. i had the carbs unbolted from the motor but not off or apart.
What else could cause this i am also going to check the throttle cables because they are new but i am pretty sure that it ran good with them before.
any advice or comments are welcome.
i cant wait to ride this thing. i have been bikeless for almost 3 weeks now.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The idle adjuster is just a flex shaft so the routing doesn't make that much difference -it either works or it doesn't. I would check the choke and throttle cable routing and adjustment, maybe slack off the throttle cables all the way and see if the problem clears up.

BTW, why did you have the carbs off?

:)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nc_sv650 said:
The idle adjuster is just a flex shaft so the routing doesn't make that much difference -it either works or it doesn't. I would check the choke and throttle cable routing and adjustment, maybe slack off the throttle cables all the way and see if the problem clears up.

BTW, why did you have the carbs off?

i took the carbs off because i am a moron. i could not get the air box on before and thought taking the carbs off would help. negative lol
if it waz the choke wounlt the bike run like shit i never use my choke ever. my bike does not need it. its running great now ecept for the idle

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The enrichener system usually has a fast idle cam somewhere. I can't picture it on the SV, but I'm 99% (98%?) sure it has one.

You might be able to see the other end of the idle speed adjustment screw on the RH side of the front carb; if thats the problem the screw will be touching the casting at idle. If there's a gap there, something else is holding the throttle open.

I would take a close look at where the throttle cables attach to the carbs. Possibly one of the cables (the "open" cable?) isn't fully seated in the groove or is kinked right at the end wheeel the barrel fitting is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts