Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.svrider.com/forum/album.php?albumid=583&pictureid=2041

Is this nut to the right of the little bulb supposed to be sticking out? It rotates when I turn the bike on. I'm having a slightly higher idle (1500rpm) and there is a whistling sound when on the throttle. Just wondering if this is the issue.

I tried screwing it in but it doesn't go, just spins to a certain point. I know nothing because I've been riding for a month so if you want to be gay about this then whatever.

Thanks!

EDIT: The picture is rotated so the nut is above the bulb in the picture.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
That is the secondary throttle valve servo. When you see it rotate upon ignition on, you are actually watching it set the top set of valves, also known as "butterflies", for enriching measure. When you manually spin it, you are manually opening/closing those valves.

So close but no cookie.

BTW, the screw you need is not in the picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah after propping the tank up and removing airbox I see it now. I messed with some of the throttle valve positioning but noticed that the nut is supposed to spin and that when the bike gets turned on it resets itself to a certain position. Started it up and ran fine. Could've been a loose clamp connecting the airbox to the throttle body causing a high idle. Who knows...

Thanks for the response. I have a lot to learn about the bike but taking stuff apart and playing with it is the best way to learn!

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I have a lot to learn about the bike but taking stuff apart and playing with it is the best way to learn!
Absolutely right!:) Some people are actually afraid to look under the tank or try to perform even simple maintenance procedures. They are missing out on a large part of the fun of motorcycling......working on the bike. Much Zen created when hands on bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts