Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys installed HID's in your SV instead of keeping the stocks bulbs? If so how easy was the install and are there any walk through threads here?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just put mine in on Sat. Be ready for replies about the SV not having reflector housing and such.......

It was an easy install. I ordered a H4 slim ballast kit from this ebay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Outdoors-Equipments

I then ordered an upgraded wire harness for the lights from here: http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=112&osCsid=3cac69441c62c8a78454d7b3c7a4ff79

For the install you will want to trim down the wire harness length from one head light to another as it is more geared for a car's distance and not a bike. I ran the line under my gas tank along with the other wiring back to the battery.

Then you simply plug one of the headlight sockets into the relay wire and plug the wire harness into the plugs for the HIDs. I mounted my ballasts using sticky tape and epozy up under my front fairings. Should I need to ever remove them I will deal with it then but for now I do not plan to go back to stock.

The wiring I zip tied and pinned to the fairing as well. I simply epozied a zip tie on each side to the fairing and then pulled it tight to hold in the wires. It is a zip tie that can be loosened though so easy to get back off.

And that is really it. Key in and enjoy....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have 6k Hid's in my 1st. gen ,
installing em was easy,but correctly aiming em was a little more work.
I'll never go back to incadesents, as they really are much better than stock & also are seen well by cagers both day & night.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Projectors will help direct and magnify the light. More light where you need it and less light blinding other people. I would look for some headlamps or foglamps that have small projectors you could remove and use in your SV headlamp housing. I got a pair of projectors from a BMW M5 headlamp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts