Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this thread has been done before, but for the life of me I cant get the search function to do anything on here.

Looking to put HIDs in my 05 1kS. I’m assuming it’s an identical setup between the 1k and 650.
www.DDMtuning.com has some very affordable kits. However, I’ve read on several threads here there is some extra step/capacitor etc that many people do before installing HIDs.

Could someone give me the short-story on this? I’m looking here: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

My plans is 35w, 6 or 8k. Should I get H4 or H7’s (and do I need dual hi/low?), or a dual in dual out harness, or error eliminator?

The HIDs I did on my R6 and ZX were both plug and play, other than a couple prongs-to-plug that I electric taped over.

Thanks!

PS- plz do not tell me I need projectors. I love them in my ZX, but I’m not doing a huge mod here, just want more light as I drive a lot at night.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought the single from them for my Lo in my dual setup on my 650N, 35w/6000K. Nothing too special required. I had to modify my connector but that had more to do with my dual light conversion than the kit. No extra step or capacitor for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sounds like I won't need anything extra then. Hopefully.

I still wonder what the dual in/dual out harness they list is

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but still doesn't really answer which H4's (I'm guessing single filament)'s to get, or discuss the extra wire/relay I've seen mentioned before.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
What bulbs do the SVS's use? I know my N uses an H4, but that's irrelevant.

I'd suggest 4500k. I have installed several ddmtuning HID kits and they all run bluer than other kits I've seen. My 4500k is a crisp cold white when it warms up and has a nice cool blue first thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 99% sure they're H4's.

and thanks for the input on color. I was going to go 8k because the previous kit I used with that color was a nice cool blue/white, but if these guys run bluer, I'll go 6.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
I guess it depends how you want your lights to operate once you have the HIDs in.

I assume since both bulbs are H4 stock, that both are on with low and both are on with hi beam?

If you want to keep high beams, you buy the H4 Hi/low kit. it uses a shade on an electric solenoid to change the beam pattern to give you the hi/low effect. It doesn't make the light outbput any brighter.

If you don't care about high beams, buy the other kit. The wiring will be simpler.

I personally wouldn't go for the 55W kit. They usually cause the color temp to drop about 1000K and they run hotter. Regular 35W HIDs are plenty bright enough.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
BoRkA does make a nice projector kit if you decide to go that way.

I did have a ddmtuning relay crap out on my bike, leaving me without a headlight until I spliced in a standard relay (the one in the harness is unusual)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts