Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just swapped out my HID headlights i had for my wrangler and put them in my sv. they look pretty sick, and do very very well at night. i guess im just used to HID's because everything else is so dull looking. i would recomend putting them on any bike, or vehicle that is.

plus i got mine off ebay for $250 shipped. which included everything. heres a pic.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
how much crazy glare do you get? what Kelvin rating are the bulbs?
there goes the high beam, but with that much light output, its not really necessary...
I have HID, but only 1 side because its a euro light with a projector, which has a better beam pattern for HID's (the pic from your other thread)

Got any shots at night of the beam and output?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont a lot of glare actually. One thing that stands out is that anything reflective is bright as day with these. Not only that you can see way farther than stock headlights. My kit actually included another h3 bulb attached to the hid bulb meant for a hi/lo beam set up. so ive got both but i do agree, with hid's you do not need high beams.

on your projector, does that still run the H4 bulb or something different?

i dont have any yet, ill get some up soon.

and my kelvin on this is 8000k

·
Registered
85 Posts
I saw that same kind of kit but I was skeptical. They say plug-n-play advertised HID kits are never plug-n-play. How was the install with this kit (with the attached H3 bulb)? And is that $250 for both headlights (2xballasts/ignitor, 2xH4-size bulbs)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deaner3D said:
I saw that same kind of kit but I was skeptical. They say plug-n-play advertised HID kits are never plug-n-play. How was the install with this kit (with the attached H3 bulb)? And is that $250 for both headlights (2xballasts/ignitor, 2xH4-size bulbs)?

The one i got off ebay were two H4 HID bulbs with two H3's attached, wires, ballasts, ignitors mounts and even zip ties! and also came with a three year warrenty. This kit is meant for a car, so it comes with two ballasts. Lol i can get pics of the set up and where i mounted them :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a hi/low kit for my 06 1000S, that uses shutters to shift the beam pattern. Only one of the bulbs had a bent shutter, so Im waiting for the replacement to arrive before I install. Expensive - but worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking at the same kit today wondering how good it would be. I need to get a new bulb anyway since my high beam went the other night on the way home. I was going to just by a silverstar bulb, but wanted to see the prices for an HID kit. Shipping looked a little pricey though.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
$30 ship? craaaazy.

Im not a fan of aftermarket HID in reflector-beam housings that werent designed with HID in mind.
Too much scattering of light, not enough of a focused beam.
With that said, its still more light output. Your more likely to be seen by other cars, but your also probably more likely to piss other cars off too- especially if your lights arent aimed properly too....

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
If you're creative you use the same light I got.... it's off a 05 Cadillac CTS. They sell on Ebay fairly often for under $100 for bulb, ballast, ignitor cap and projector. It is a Bi-Xenon setup so you'll even have HID high beams.

IMO, it's by far the best value HID setup you can buy. The projector is a bit long though, ~7" with the ignitor.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
donniej said:
I'm not too concerned with looks, what's important is that the deer will be blind and aircraft will try to land on me  ;)
.....and college girls will stand directly in front of your bike wearing next-to-nothing and attempt to get a tan...
;D ;D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
donniej said:
I'm not too concerned with looks, what's important is that the deer will be blind and aircraft will try to land on me  ;)
didn't say it looked bad, I kinda like your robo-bike now, sorta like a bmw :)

but I do like the idea of the 916 race fairing ;)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Titusss said:
didn't say it looked bad, I kinda like your robo-bike now, sorta like a bmw :)

but I do like the idea of the 916 race fairing ;)
Quintin is trying to talk me into putting a number plate in front of it. I like the idea with an Autobots logo on it ;D

No race fairings..... it's just more stuff to worry about rashing up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.