Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these lights significantly brighter? Im thinking of swapping over to those if possible. Has it been done? The search tool yielded nothing for HID, High Intensity Discharge, or Xenon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unless you want to blind people you need to retrofit projectors that are meant for HID.
Not necessarily; some housings offer enough deflection to avoid a light emittance pattern that crests the beltlines of cars. My 600RR has such a housing; my low beam HID has a fairly distinct cut off.

I can't speak for the SV. I will say that the brighter light from HID is wonderful at night, and in the daytime helps other drivers see you. One of the best upgrades I've done to my bike.

This article (http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html) has a ton of useful information about automotive HID lighting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
check this out....I just put the Silvertar in yesterday. This is just against the wall, they look MUCH better on the road I think its just a halogen though. It might not look like that much of a difference but they are WAY better at night. I can see everything. Oh and these are my pics...not off a website.

Stock bulb

Silverstar bulb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.