Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls. Have any of you used the HID lights on sv650 naked?? does it work much better?? i see some places on the net where they sell a pair for about $300. Or a single one for about $200. just asking i like to know things just in case.

newbe

·
Registered
254 Posts
HID + lamp that's no designed for HID = lots of annoying glare

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ive been hunting and searching this for a while. nobody has seemed to use it. or they don't know if they like it or don't have pictures or don't know where they got it. so my guess is nobody has a hid light in a naked or dam near any sv. if you do please speak up and share your experience

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok Ok sorry i was going to do this last week but you know life interupts.

but i am ready to go .. except its 11:45pm and i dont have a 20 amp fuse......

whats a guy to do... well i got half done i took out the light and put in the old and took pictures.

so its all put back together ready to go but no fuse (I broke it err).

so tomarrow I will have the before and after pics.

than the true power of xenon show thru !!

lol,... yea its bright, I bet the lamp or what ever you call it could be shaped better for HID.

I was gunna comment but I will let you make up your mind. ;D

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Am I the only person who is having problems following, understanding and knowing what the hell has gone so terribly wrong in this thread??? 5 posts that are completely unreadable??? HELLO!!!!

:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
forget HID, too expensive and too annoying...just throw in some xenon bulbs and you'll basically get the same effect :-D and for like $20!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
if you have ever driven anything with HID you will understand it is a must have

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
gotalf said:
I would not try to change stock SV headlight to HID
BUT I would install auxillary HID lighting

HID is great, but it does blind other drivers if not setup properly and hacking one in isn't what I want to do to other people on the road, At one time I was considering mounting a pair of Hella 5000 lamps with cornering reflectors off my forks, but the potential loss of another 10% in fuel economy due to increased frontal area of the bike and $700 worth of lighing that I couldn't fabricate any crash protection for without loosing cornering clearance, imagine what my rat bike would look like with those big eyeballs just below the turn signals

·
Registered
91 Posts
lol

sorry I am horrable at english :)

Well I put the light back together now all i need is darkness to make pics.

than i will post the before and after

:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I installed a HID kit into a 92 laser with no annoying glare. What type of projectors are being used with this kit your talking about?

·
Registered
254 Posts
gotalf said:
Like I said in my above reply. An aftermarket HID kit used for a stock headlight that's designed to throw out halogen lighting is bad. It gives off lots of annoying glare...plus you lose the use of your highbeam unless you use those HID kits that have a reflector that flips up and down to angle to light. I've put HID's in my cage in the past and it was nothing but annoying so I went back to a quality high wattage bulb and upgraded the wiring. Better and safer results with more usable light.

HID's on a properly equipped car is great. Ghetto style sucks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmmm, I surely dont know what brought out all the haters....  :-\

putting a brighter light in is getto? I thought getto was no light cuz no money.... lmao

California Motorcycle Handbook 2005
"Headlight The best way to help others see your motorcycle is to allways keep the headlight on. Studies show that during the day, a motorcycle with its light on is twice as likely to be noticed. Using your high beam during the day and at night increases the chances that oncoming drivers will see you. Use your high beam it is legal and safe to do so. When its foggy, use the low beam.

This light is no brighter than your high beam, so if anyone dosent like it, I think the state of Calfornia just said to you..... kiss my $^%@........

and for the people who are intersted in seeing if the light is for, or not for them, even tho it my not be in "style"?...as soon asa the damn sun goes down . . . . . I will take the damn pics lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
well my camera sucks but I did the best I could.

I got the 6k bulb I like the blue not so glary and its prretty :)

There is just no compairing the two its like night and day ither you can see the road or you cant....

its just that simple

D

·
0 Posts
Well after seeing the pics, I have to say I'm impressed. I like it. And I think I'd be 10 times more likely to be seen. Good job.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but that bluish bulb you got isn't as bright and doesn't light up as much area

·
Registered
687 Posts
Grikl said:
well my camera sucks but I did the best I could.

I got the 6k bulb I like the blue not so glary and its prretty :)

There is just no compairing the two its like night and day ither you can see the road or you cant....

its just that simple

looks good how much $$ all said and done ? i think the blue looks brighter

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I see it brighter in a narrower area, then outside the central focus, it dims quickly the regular bulb also dims outside it;s focus, but the illuminated area is larger

the bulb is 6k on the kelvin scale?, how many watts, what kind of bulb?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts