Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Seriously man, get some gear and learn to ride before distracting yourself by making movies. 90% of motorcycle fatalities occur among people in their first year. You have no way of knowing all the stuff you don't know until you know it. Take the beginning course, ride for a couple of weeks and take the advanced course. Arm yourself with knowledge and GEAR. Motorcycles are soft and friendly right up to the point of impact, dress for the crash.

Your bike sounds great!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice job Hunter, it looks like you're learning the ropes! I agree though, gear is essential. You have a full face helmet which is a good start but a jacket and gloves are super important. Real motorcycle boots are essential too, pretty much go to CycleGear and spend $150 on cheap gear and you can avoid thousands of dollars worth of medical expenses. If you have a little cash a nice Alpinestars leather jacket and gauntlet gloves are totally worth it. I am more comfortable riding when I gear up (which is 100% of the time). Granted, I go overboard with a full race suit, track boots, gloves etc but that's how I feel most comfortable.
Contrary to popular belief, leather is quite comfortable even in extreme heat. I wear leather neck to toe and I ride where it gets HOT; so long as I'm moving I stay very comfortable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts