Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SVR!

I'm Kenny and I'm from Los Angeles. Just like the title states, I've been lurking here for nearly four years. Back in 2008 I had my heart set on buying a bike so I took the MSF course and got my M1 endorsement. However, life happened and my newfound hobby had to take a back seat. Fast forward to this last summer, I came upon a lump of cash that I didn't expect to receive. I took care of some bills, saved some for a rainy day, and began perusing the classifieds with the remainder. At the time I was actively looking for a CBR250R or a Ninja 250R. But as luck would have it, someone posted a 2003 SV650 in my price range. I called the seller and we arranged a meeting. I inspected the bike, test rode it, and then I bought it. Immediately the next day, I registered my SV and got insurance. From there I started shopping for gear and bought some pretty sweet stuff from Bert's and Revzilla.

I was a bit rusty to riding, so I took a MSF course called Ultimate Bike Bonding to refresh myself. It was a great class and I learned quite a bit about my bike. From there I started doing all the maintenance on my bike. I started with changing the oil, radiator fluid, brake fluid, air filter, spark plugs, tires, and bunch of other stuff. I also adjusted the rear shock to my weight and the rear sets to my preference.

Hobbies are best enjoyed with company, so I began hitting up all my rider friends on Facebook. Within a week, I was going to the rider BBQs and bike nights. I networked socially with like-minded people and participated in a few canyon carving group rides. I'm always up for meeting new riders who are down to ride and older riders who can teach me a thing or two. I personally believe in ATG ATT and I take it to heart. I rather not ride than be a squid. I love riding. Every time I get on my SV, I have a ton of fun.

I don't post too often because whenever I have a question, I just use Google and/or the forum search function; however, you guys may be hearing more from me in the 03+ SV650 Tech subforum real soon, LOL.

Till then... Keep the shiny up!

This is my SV650. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Doing maintenance at my buddy's house.

A social rider event that I've attended.

Bike nights!

Topanga Canyon to Old Topanga to Mulholland. It was my first time riding in the rain. I was the slowest guy in the group.

I did an Ojai run with some friends three weeks after buying my SV. I had a lot of firsts that day. First time on the freeway, first time riding over 80 mph, first time on the canyons, and etc.

Please excuse the Instagram filter. This was to Crystal Lake with my buddy Joel and his awesome 1981 Yamaha Virago.

Hitting up GMR with my buddy James and his Daytona.

I prefer group rides, but sometimes I ride solo.

I'm doing the speed limit, no joke!

Thanks for stopping by!

·
Administrator
11,042 Posts
:hello:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friends and I did a Halloween costume ride to The Snake last Sunday.

We had a ton of fun parading around. On our way up PCH, adults were busting out their cell phones for pics, kids would wave, and a bunch of others just had a good chuckle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I did a few new things to my SV this last weekend.

I removed the headlight fairing, relocated the HID ballast unit through the frame and attached it to the air box. I also installed new dual compound Renthal grips, new front LED turn signals, new Suburban-Machinery Type 1 handlebars, and a new Righteous Stunt Clutch lever Ultimate edition.

The new handlebar drastically changed my riding position. It's a very aggressive forward postion that brings my body closer to the tank. It's going to take some time getting use, but I'm liking it so far. I need to get some tank pads to carry some of the weight to my legs.

Also, my friends and I decided to hit up Mulholland again for a spirited ride. It was a cool 70 degree this last Sunday. I love California riding!

Not the best place for a photo-op.. LOL... Their offices were closed for Veteran's Day weekend.

New sweet handlebars!

Riding with my buddies.

The Snake on Mulholland Highway!

This dude on the BMW is about to crash. I saw the whole thing happen in front of me as I was getting ready to leave. He tried to power out of the turn and ended up high-siding. He flew off the bike and landed helmet first on the asphalt while his bike tumbled. Luckily, he walked away and his bike was fine. He rode home 15 mins later. He's probably sore today. If there's anything to learn, the canyons are unforgiving.

Be safe SVR! The canyons are fun, but it's not the place to test limits. Till then, keep the rubber side down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts