Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name's Dave, and I'm an .....ooops, wrong place. I'm not really an alkie anyway, haven't touched it in 20 years.

Just picking up a SV650S this Tuesday to use as a work bike and around town. I liked the looks of it and thought it would make a great 2nd bike. It doesn't have the lower fairing so that'll be the first thing I want to add. Any idea where to get a decent deal on that?
Thanks. I hope this forum is as informative as the Harley forum.
Main bike? Harley, full dressed, for most all other riding.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Welcome to the other v-twin, and my 0.02 regarding the lower fairings is...DON'T DO IT! Take a good look at how the lowers mate with the uppers. It doesn't look good. Take the money you would have spent on those and put it towards suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
welcome! a buddy of mine was inseperable from his shovelhead till he tried an sv650 one day. Now he's a hardcore sportbike guy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, been trying to come up with a cool "signature" for my posts on both forums...so far, the top runner is...."Count me in if it's on a V-twin !!"
In the running..."Life doesn't begin 'till you own a V-twin".

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
How about: "It's better with twins." ;)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Welcome to the board from another HD owner ;)

The OEM lowers are very good quality, I'd keep an eye out for a set of used ones if you're looking for a deal.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Welcome.

www.ridenow.com is one of the best deals for OEM color matched lowers at $422 shipped. SV650S looks way better WITH the lowers, IMO. At least a chin spoiler but lowers look better but you already know that, that's why you're asking!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Welcome.Ride safe.
IMO the factory lowers after the price+shipping are not the best looking but it's your bike.
myself I would get a KGcycles full fairing and get it painted for a little more.

http://www.kgcycles.com/SVhome.htm

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Hello :hello:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the board. I think my lowers were about $430 from oneida suzuki (google them, in NY). Safe shipping out to Cal. I had a 10% coupon at the time (Dec 07).

If you are at all hesitant on the lowers, check the pictures -- right now there is a lengthy topic on pics of lower fairings. If you want them, then go for it. You might however give yourself a couple months -- say until early summer -- to ride without them. If the bike is used, riding without the lowers allows you to keep an eye on hoses, fluid levels, etc. There is also the damage issue if you drop the bike.

Consider motosliders (or R&G sliders) for fully faired bikes. The motosliders version just came out recently (mine arrived today). There is a thread on these as well (added to today).

Good luck and welcome. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts