Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been wanting to ride a motorcycle since I was a little kid. I never had the time, money, or whatever to do it until recently. So, this spring, at the age of 35, I took the MSF course and began spending a lot of time scouring CL for a used SV. I did a lot of reading on what a beginner should get as a first bike and discovered the SV and i loved the looks/engine/sound/etc of it.

Anyway, I bought my bike a couple months back and have been doing my best to learn how to maintain and ride it. In my various searches for comparisons, how-to's, anything SV or motorcycle related, more often than not, I end up here at SVrider.

Things I have learned about from this site:

TPS adjustment
suspension adjustments
clip on/handlebar options and limitations
how to clean and lube the chain with dupont chain saver
how to change the oil and what to use
same for coolant
tires
more than I can remember :eek:ccasion14:

Here is my 2006 SV650S at Tahoe:

Here it is next to a Husky (I am considering getting a 610SM):

Pyramid Lake:

I'm having a lot of fun with this bike and wanted to thank SVrider.com for steering me in the right direction. :fiddy:

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
I like the color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ya, the color is growing on me. I prefer black, just like the Apex adjustable clip ons I got in the mail. can't wait to get those things on! That is one of the few things I don't like about my bike: the riding position. I can only take a couple of hours before I need to get off the bike and stand around for a few minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts