Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Danny and I'm happy to say that I, as of 2 hours ago, am the proud owner of an '03 Silver Naked. Out here on the East Coast we're expecting a bit (5-8")of snow so I won't be taking it home for a couple of days.....he just wouldn't throw in snow tires with the deal. Anyhow, I want to say thanks to all of you here for providing a ton of great info and helping me make this choice. The darn bike has 1952 miles, is bone stock except for an exhaustectomy, frame and rear axle sliders and has one little rub mark on the front fender. I Got it off CL and paid $3700......the seller was firm and I rightfully could not blame him. No way was I going to leave without this gem. I presently have a wonderful '08 Tiger ABS which I love but I yearned for a light and flickable bike. As a matter of fact I'm a shortish fella (5'8") and was never truly at home with the tall and kinda heavy Tiger. I might keep both but if I feel the SV is all I need I'll be selling the Tiger......6500 miles and more farkles than I can remember without thinking hard.
Thanks again to all. This is quite a wonderful place.

·
Registered
683 Posts
hey Denny, welcome and congrats. Whereabouts on the Island are you?

11967 here.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Hey from the Mid West and welcome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all............

DarkMatter....I'm 11566. Being that you're out east, any decent roads out your way? I'm on the Island since '91 and have barely found a decently twisted place to ride.....any insights?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sure. Even further east than I am. But I have a few I hit up on Sunday mornings. Google map "mill rd, 11949" it's not too long, but it makes for a nice aggressive ride. Whiskey Rd is another one. There's plenty out hamptons way, but they are all very highly populated by LEOs

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still haven't gotten around to registering the bike.....busy......but this morning I started to familiarize myself with the bike. Everything I've seen is pretty accessible and serviceable so far.....but.....can somebody tell me where the fuel tank prop rod sits in the steering head area when propping up the tank. The owners manual shows the rod descending and disappearing behind the steering head and states......."Insert the crank end of the prop stand into the hole of the steering shaft". Would that be into one of the two threaded holes on an unoccupied boss down there? :dontknow:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Tom. I'm going to the DMV tomorrow to get a plate. Today I spent a good part of the day enjoying "quality time" with the bike. There's (almost) nothing like getting to know your bike. My fingers are still sore from removing all those warning stickers (6 year old stickers....whewww!) but the bike is gradually becoming mines. Not noticing that little radiator cap set screw had me going for a while.......I'm not 25 any more but I really thought that I was getting weak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts