Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2007 SV650 with around 57k miles on it. Already in love with the bike, haven't had so much fun on a bike since my first bike(An old 01 F650 GS). I'm in the process of tuning the bike up(new oil, new tires, brake flush, coolant flush, the works). Got some questions about potential bike mods as well, but I'll do my research on the forum first and see if it's been discussed already(mainly looking to improve the front brake).

Here's a pic of my current bikes(Yamaha XSR 700 on the left).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the forum! After playing around with my brakes for a while (stock, but re-build all seals, steel-braided lines, different pads, new rotors, fancy Motul 5.1 fluid) I've come to the conclusion that a properly cleaned caliper & piston and plain old DOT 4 fluid that's been bled carefully, is as good as it gets with stock brakes. And right now I'm very happy with my stock setup.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Welcome,
Rebuild your calipers, pretty straight forward. SS lines, decent pads and voila!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll definitely rebuild my calipers and I'll think about stainless steel lines.

By the way, is there a subforum where I can get help identifying the aftermarket parts on my SV? This bike has adjustable forks and some other non-stock parts that I'd like to know more about.

~Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts