Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki SV650ABS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya. I am a new to riding road bikes - grew up in a farming community and loved riding farm bikes - but haven't been on two wheels for a long time. Was looking at bikes and got put onto my 2017 SV650 by the dealer. Absolutely love it and am quickly building some confidence on it. Have been out on a few rides by myself, and last weekend did a ride with a friend and some of his mates. It was so muuch fun - can't wait to do more. Auckland has plenty of picturesque riding spots which I am looking forward to getting out to.

Have already found stuff on this forum useful, so am sure there will be more to take advantage of!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki SV650ABS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! How are you finding the small screen/visor? I've just ordered one as I hate being bufferted on the motorway
I don't have much to compare it to, but the buffetting definitely freaks me out! Lots of the reviews I read liked the visor so I am assuming it is better that not having it.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki SV650ABS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Your bike looks nice and tidy. How many clicks on the odo? Full power or LAMS?
As you can see from my user name, I'm kinda close but not really as I live in the far south of the South island on the border of Fiordland Nat park. I too cut my motorcycling teeth riding farm bikes and I never stopped apart from a brief period of four years (a woman was involved lol) and I'm 52 now.
I dont actually own a road registered SV but I've had two as converted race bikes, a 2007 and currently a 2020.
Your climate is much more suited than ours to a bit of winter riding so have fun out there and dont be scared to ask questions about the SV's as there's a heap of knowledgeable members on here.
Thanks Kiwirider. I'm really enjoying it - it had 15,000ks on it when I got it and I have done another 1,000 in the 6 weeks I've had it. You are certainly in a beautiful part of the country - loved Te Anau and Milford Sounds, but yes, probably a better climate up here for riding. I have been out almost every weekend since I bought it, in sunshine and calm winds! Loving the forum - so many knowledgeable people - it is amazing having so many people from so many countries all getting together over a common bike! :)

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki SV650ABS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Such great roads. When I went to Uni there (Auckland) I would ride out to Whangamata and back. I was on a little GPZ250 at the time... and it was 1990. lol

Haven't been able to make it back to NZ since 2000 :(

I still make sure everyone over here knows my background though...
View attachment 61254
Nice! So good once you get out of town! I went to a wedding in Whangamata in February - you probably wouldn't recognise it now! So built up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts