Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my '02 sv650 from my brother who just didn't have the time to ride. I've had it for about 2 months now and been commuting ~140 miles a day on it on rural highways and country roads. first bike. so much fun and i can say i've truly found my passion. i was always into cars before this. i live in a small town at the border of the Pine Ridge indian reservation. This is such beautiful landscape and its so much more on a bike. Looking forward to many rewarding miles on this sv. what a bike!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I commute about 70 miles a day, and like you, on this my first bike, have found my passion.

I absolutely love it, and ride everywhere I can. I think the Tacoma has only seen light two days when we had severe thunderstorms (since May).

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got mine explicity to commute in California. I will be riding about ~100 miles a day and now I will get to use the commuter lane so that will give me about an extra hour of my life back every day.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, compared to my co-workers I've got a long commute @ 60 miles a day. To you guys, not so much I guess. Mine is also mostly rural 2 lane country roads and I pretty much enjoy it.
Tony

·
Registered
217 Posts
365 - I'm not too far from Pine Ridge myself. Welcome! don't see too many folks on this forum close to me. I commute about 40 mi every day. Ride as often as I can.... but I also have to pick up my two daughters from daycare every day & their car seats just don't fit on the bike. Usually I ride home, get in the cage & then go pick them up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have a 110 mile round trip commute. sadly, mostly (98%) highway.. so i'm generally just cruising at about 75.. :(

if i actually get my butt out of bed early, i can take nothing but backroads.. but that rarely happens! i also bought mine for multiple reasons, but for sure have found a passion that i have long lived without.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My commute is strictly highway, but I still love it.
Weekends I'm typically carving the local canyons or just cruising the back roads, but I feel thoroughly blessed to be able to experience such joy every day.
Not to mention that in comparison to my Tacoma, the tires are cheaper and the engine easier to wrench. Add to that significantly lower fuel costs, and the joy of bothering my office mate with the smell of road-sweat all day.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Administrator
11,044 Posts
I work at home... boring.

But I'm my own boss, so I can hit the canyons any time I want ;D

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have a moderate distance to commute. I commute about 50 miles daily. It's all highway, which makes for a boring ride... But the upside is that I make great time. 25 miles (one way) actually takes me 25 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts