Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined the forum today. I've had my SV650 n since late 2005 (bought it new). I live in Bham, Al and use it mainly for commuting to work (can't beat the MPG) and short trips/joy rides. I only have 2500 miles on it. I removed all stickers and added a GIVI 45 ltr top case. I'm 6"2, so I probably could use some risers, but i've got pretty long arms so I haven't done it yet. Got a few mods i'm looking at and would love some advice:

1 - fender elimination. looking at targa and comp. werkes. Any thoughts?
2- slip on exhaust. Looking at 2 bros and maybe M4. Thoughts?
3 - not really a mod, but I need a helmet with superior ventilation. I've heard ICONs are good for that (have an HJC Cl15 currently). Any advice?

Thanks in advance. BTW - this is my first bike, and I bought it at 35 yrs old. I guess i'm getting a late start.

·
Registered
647 Posts
1. Not sure which one is better.

2. I would say 2-bros because I prefer the sound and price.

3. I have an Icon Rubicon, I think. The ventilation is GREAT and they come with the fog-free visors, which really are impossible to fog up. It keeps me nice and cool, however there is a TON of air nose with mine. For longer trips I will probably have to use ear plugs.

BTW welcome to the site dcgozzler!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Not sure which one is better.

2. I would say 2-bros because I prefer the sound and price.

3. I have an Icon Rubicon, I think. The ventilation is GREAT and they come with the fog-free visors, which really are impossible to fog up. It keeps me nice and cool, however there is a TON of air nose with mine. For longer trips I will probably have to use ear plugs.

BTW welcome to the site dcgozzler!
Thanks for the welcome. I like the way 2 bros sound too. Good info on the ICON. Its just so effing humid down here that in the summer I am absolutely flop sweating after 20 minutes. My HJC doesn't seem to let a lot of air in. I think i'm going to try the ICON mainframe (2008 model). Thanks again.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hi :hello:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts