Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2001 sv 650s and love it. I want to make it a naked bike and was wandering if I could get some help. I have owned two other rockets and an 1100 v-star and this bike tops them all in fun and ride ability. this site is awesome and would love to post more and any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Going naked is easy, you need universal headlights and brackets for 41mm forks. some type of blinkers, bar end mirrors and your choice of headlight treatment be it a universal windscreen or something from another bike, buell lightning windscreens are popular. Ebay, the for sale forums here and aztek8.com are your freinds.

Hope that helps..............and the Sv is not a rocket of any type, it's way too practical for that, it's a plain jane sportbike...that thumps rather than screams.

I had to say it because someone was going to, and the next one won't be so nice about it lol.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
welcome to SVR - good luck with your conversion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how hard would it be to weld up my own header. I was thinking of using inch and seven eighths tubing I have made my own headers and exhuast for cars and I know what I want it to look like, I am going to use a scorpion slip on at the end and was just looking for advice since this seems to be the place to find things out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts