Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email saying i needed to post here to complete my registration, so im doing that now. I bought a sv650, maybe an s, last march, im pretty mechanically inclined but this bike has been a nightmare for me every step of the way, im hoping there might b a few ppl tht can help me with it. Does anyone here live in orlando?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything lol, but the current issue is the exhaust is overheating. The bike has never ran great, but it did run with a miss at relatively low throttle. Now however its gotten worse. I had it running, warming up for about a minute, maybe a minute and a half, running at 1500 rpms, its spittin an sputterin and i look down and the exhaust pipe coming out of the front cylinder is cherry red! So i kill the engine. I wait for a while, come to the conclusion its runnin really lean. So me n a buddy pull the carbs, clean em out as best we can and now the problem has moved to the rear cylinder. This is a real problem, this is my only transportation and a cab to and from work every day is costing me $50 : ( so i took it to a shop, i thought hey ive got a lil $$$ saved up, so after 4 days they charged me $60 and jus jumpstarted it. The second shop didnt charge me ne thing but also didnt do anything, meanwhile the cab fees are really racking up. When i try to ride the bike now it seems that its running extremely lean still, i usually have the choke bout halfway on. After ive ridden for a bit, say 4 miles at about 50 mph the condition worsens, at this point the bike will not accelerate above 60 mph, even at wide open throttle. I now have the tank up, airbox removed, and am about to dive in again. When cranking the engine with the airbox removed i notice what i blieve to be excessive blowby as well, im not sure how much there should be but it seems like quite alot. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts