Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys? I just registered and wanted to post a quick introduction.

I have been lurking around here for the past month or so, just trying to learn as much as I can and this has quickly become one of my favorite boards to visit. I've been wanting to reply to some things a lot more here lately, so I figured I'd go ahead and register and make my presence known.

I do not have an SV yet, or any motorcycle for that matter, but I am trying my hardest and I expect to be able to snag one here in the next 4 or 5 months..hopefully.

I grew up in Orlando, FL but moved to Auburn, Alabama a few years ago. I have seen a few SVs around here (all on Wire Rd. for some reason, because that's the road I look forward to riding on the most once I get a bike, and I actually live right on it, lol), so are there any Auburn riders on here?

You seem like a great group of guys (and ladies) and I look forward to having the chance to get to know you all a little bit.

Thanks!

-Greg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcomes :D

I had no idea about that barbers place. Thanks for the information. That means that it's less than 2 hours from me. I may have to go check it out just for the hell of it one afternoon. So it's an actual track where they hold track days and all? Anybody have any ideas when they're open and I can go watch some guys run the track?

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nutmegchoi said:
The website I sent you also has track day info.
Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed that right after I made that last post :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nutmegchoi said:
That's okay.
It makes me look like a smart ass.
Which doesn't happen too often.
:lol:
:) I love that little dancing thing in your signiture line. I have it saved on my computer someplace.

If I ever head out to that Barber place, I will take some pictures for everybody. I read that they race cars out there too, so that's cool.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Welcomet to SVR.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Let me know when you wanna ride. I'm up hwy 280 in the Talladega / Pell City area. We could meet up about half way and ride up 49 to cheaha one day. There are alot of Auburn guys that post on www.sportbikes.ws as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WeezerKDI said:
Let me know when you wanna ride. I'm up hwy 280 in the Talladega / Pell City area. We could meet up about half way and ride up 49 to cheaha one day. There are alot of Auburn guys that post on www.sportbikes.ws as well.
Thanks. Maybe I'll take you up on your offer some day. I'd love to be able to say "hey..let's ride next weekend", but I need to get a bike and get some experience under my belt first :) I've driven my sport-truck out at Cheaha before. It's a blast, I have pretty nifty suspension on the truck so it handles pretty well and those twisty roads are great. I see bikes out there usually when I go out that way and I always wish that I was on one when I'm out there.

Do you know if any of the Auburn SV guys post at sportbikes.com? It's kind of funny that around here, the only guys I see riding sport bikes that have always had nice full gear on were the guys on SVs, the guys that ride around here on the R6s and Gixxers are always wearing shorts and t-shirts. One guy was on a GSXR1000 and had a nice jacket on but was wearing shorts and sandals..go figure, lol.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't know if the SV guys post there, but alot of sport riders do. They have a bike night on Tuesday nights at one of the rest. down there. Get an SV and I'll take you up to Cheaha and show you what I can. It's not much. Trust me. :lol:

As far as gear and what you ride, I have noticed that as well. Even with the guys I ride with, I wear full gear, they wear jackets and tennis shoes. :roll:

Alot of people on certain kinds of bikes are more interested in how they look while riding. It is possible to look good on a SV with full gear. The lower your knee goes, the better you look. :twisted:

Oh, it's www.sportbikes.ws not www.sportbikes.com .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WeezerKDI said:
Don't know if the SV guys post there, but alot of sport riders do. They have a bike night on Tuesday nights at one of the rest. down there. Get an SV and I'll take you up to Cheaha and show you what I can. It's not much. Trust me. :lol:

As far as gear and what you ride, I have noticed that as well. Even with the guys I ride with, I wear full gear, they wear jackets and tennis shoes. :roll:

Alot of people on certain kinds of bikes are more interested in how they look while riding. It is possible to look good on a SV with full gear. The lower your knee goes, the better you look. :twisted:

Oh, it's www.sportbikes.ws not www.sportbikes.com .

Alright, I'll let ya know once I finally pick up a bike(hopefully SV). I haven't visited that sportbike site yet(I'm about to), but I'd guess that their bike night place is at Hooters, cause I'm always seeing bikes lined up out in front. I didn't know it was an actual bike night though because there's usually only about 15-25 of them and I come from Orlando and am used to seeing 175 or so at the bike nights :wink:

I just saw a guy on a yellow and black gixxer at about 1pm today, I'm not sure what displacement it was but he was wearing shorts, t shirt and tennis shoes, and his girly-friend on the back was wearing the same, and he flat our TOOK OFF from a stop light. I was halfway expecting the front wheel to come up and to see his girl on the back get off in a hurry, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts