Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! Just found this place.. Figured I should say hello since I joined!!

My names Claire, im 24, of the female persuasion!! Motorbike obsessed and im from Dublin in Ireland... Just across the pond :p

I have a 00' Suzi SV650SY, Shes red and I love her!! Not many mod's (yet) cause im broke but atm she has a seat cowl, fender extender (Still have to fit that..), double bubble tinted screen and im in the process of getting some R&G crash bungs for her... And of course an aftermarket slip on exhaust. She was kept in a garage for 6 years unridden by the previous owner!! :eek:

Shes just been fixed up after a 'sorry I didn't see you' accident.. Full front fairings were replaced and headlight... My poor bike got stuck in the bonnet of a little Nissan Micra :( Its all good though cause she got fixed up pretty quick and the insurance paid for it.. Woohoo!!

Worked up untill recently in a motorbike shop selling bike clothes and helmets.. So I can offer advice for gear at least!! Although I think european bike gear sense and american bike gear sense differs a little.. I have watched way too many youytube videos in horror seeing blokes riding round in jean, tshirts and 20 dollar helmets on Gixxers and ninja's of all things!! Jaysus!!!

Anyway, I'll stop babbling and go have a look around :D

Above picture is me lookin a bit dishevelled stuck behind a St. Patricks Day parade, Whoops!! Was a great day though.. Went on an impromtu rideout with 23 other bikers!!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Hi Claire, Welcome to the forum!

Nice leathers...You look all "bad" in the pic lol

·
Chief Greeter
28,482 Posts
Hey guys!! Just found this place.. Figured I should say hello since I joined!!

My names Claire, im 24, of the female persuasion!! Motorbike obsessed and im from Dublin in Ireland... Just across the pond :p

I have a 00' Suzi SV650SY, Shes red and I love her!! Not many mod's (yet) cause im broke but atm she has a seat cowl, fender extender (Still have to fit that..), double bubble tinted screen and im in the process of getting some R&G crash bungs for her... And of course an aftermarket slip on exhaust. She was kept in a garage for 6 years unridden by the previous owner!! :eek:

Shes just been fixed up after a 'sorry I didn't see you' accident.. Full front fairings were replaced and headlight... My poor bike got stuck in the bonnet of a little Nissan Micra :( Its all good though cause she got fixed up pretty quick and the insurance paid for it.. Woohoo!!

Worked up untill recently in a motorbike shop selling bike clothes and helmets.. So I can offer advice for gear at least!! Although I think european bike gear sense and american bike gear sense differs a little.. I have watched way too many youytube videos in horror seeing blokes riding round in jean, tshirts and 20 dollar helmets on Gixxers and ninja's of all things!! Jaysus!!!

Anyway, I'll stop babbling and go have a look around :D

Above picture is me lookin a bit dishevelled stuck behind a St. Patricks Day parade, Whoops!! Was a great day though.. Went on an impromtu rideout with 23 other bikers!!
Hi KeepinHerLit (Claire), Welcome to SVR. I don't see any green on you, lol!

My brother-in-law is living in Dublin right now.

Have fun and ride safe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dia is Muire duit!! Cheers for the nice welcome!!

LOL Not the green wearing type.. !! Was so ****** off stuck behind the parade... Me and my friends 'brightened' the parade up though.. Which resulted in a few burnt clutches and bald back tyres..LOL!!

Know about 20 O'briens.. Theres a good few round lol! Co. Clare isnt too far away from where I grew up ... Co. Sligo... Lovely place!! Too small for me though.. Moved to Dublin as soon as I could!!

My leathers are in tatters right now.. Saving up for two piece Alpinestar Stella's.. Matt black...;D Bad ass!!! haha...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome Claire from another female rider. Hope you visit this site often, there are some great people and info on this site. +1 for wearing the gear. Ride safe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dia is Muire duit!! Cheers for the nice welcome!!

Know about 20 O'briens.. Theres a good few round lol! Co. Clare isnt too far away from where I grew up ... Co. Sligo... Lovely place!! Too small for me though.. Moved to Dublin as soon as I could!!

Failte Romhat, Claire!

Sligo is special! What part of the county are you from? I grew up in Sligo town, went to college in Dublin, and have been living over here since 1989.

Enjoy your sv...you'll find tons of information on this board.

Jesse

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Failte Romhat, Claire!

Sligo is special! What part of the county are you from? I grew up in Sligo town, went to college in Dublin, and have been living over here since 1989.

Enjoy your sv...you'll find tons of information on this board.

Jesse
Woah small world or what!! Ah Sligo is lovely really.. The views of the mountains and the country roads are savage!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts