Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally dig BMW's new F800 twin. But right from the start, something seemed eerily familiar about it. I finally recalled where I'd seen it before.
The Beemer:

1995-2000(?) Yamaha TRX850

I was so glad I remembered that bike. I've been trying to think of something to pick up when I go to the UK next year. That may be just the ticket.

On a related note, BMW has been shaking up its image and product line fairly dramatically of late. The new K1200R and K1200S have been really interesting pieces but still not something I'd own. However, the F800 and this new R1150S look like something you might find in my garage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't mind the retro type design philosophy from them. When they try to go future-o-rama things turn out way worse in their case, so this is pretty good IMHO.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
the tdm900 would be something I would consider if they exported them to the US

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
bmw should stick to making cars because all there bikes look like crap. i've never seen a bmw bike i thought looked good. not saying they are bad bikes but i wouldn't take one over a jap bike especialy for the amount of loot they want for them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Knox_Dragon Slayer said:
I really like how the tank and front fairing are molded together on the yellow one.

That is almost, and I repeat almost, blasphemy. That is totally stolen from John Britten.

http://www.britten.co.nz/

·
Registered
198 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
At least they haven't let Chris Bangle anywhere near their bikes.
aaaamen to that!

im still partial to the rockster R1150R and the F650GS, but i do dig the yellow 'un. nice nouveau-retro look. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd take belt drive over a chain now-a-days. Less work = more riding. I'm sort of excited about the 800, it seems like it will have a lot going for it, a little more grunt than the SV, probably a better suspension, belt drive, and it is a BMW. My BMW 320i made me a BMW faithful. Plus it doesn't look too bad. IMHO

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't like it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts