Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im installing a advance timing key and the stock one will not come out. what can i do?

·
Registered
687 Posts
where did you get the key from and how much for everthing you need ?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
timing key

well its not hard to get everything apart. i have that done already. its just looking like the stock key is seezed in place on the crank shaft. ive pounded on it all night. now its pretty mangled so i cant put my bike back together withought getting this one out. im thinking about drilling it out.
to get the key just go to http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodSV650,03.html
the puller was in perfict condition. one thing i recomend is to use a backup wrench to hold the rotor in place while you screw in the rotor puller tool. also get a bike stand or there is going to be oil everyware and its just way more conveniant.

·
Registered
606 Posts
avc8130 said:
Or you could do it in conjunction with an oil change like I plan to. ac
With the mods you have already you find that it makes better power on top if you put it in backward! No kidding...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got out the key finaly. all it took was some penetrant and a steel punch and it came out. in all its not that hard to do

·
Registered
687 Posts
DucOwner said:
avc8130 said:
Or you could do it in conjunction with an oil change like I plan to. ac
With the mods you have already you find that it makes better power on top if you put it in backward! No kidding...
really why ??

·
Registered
193 Posts
coyote said:
With the mods you have already you find that it makes better power on top if you put it in backward! No kidding...really why ??
it will retard the timing 4 deg. that would be good for a high compression big bore with cams

·
Registered
687 Posts
which i have none of :BangHead: sooo i guess i will just do it normally and go from there ...

·
Registered
687 Posts
i have the full system , lifted airbox no jets here , FI ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
put the key in the correct way. a huge bump in torque in the 3000 to 5000 area, bike will run like stock except all the wheelies and tire spin ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
will i have to run higher octane

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Would this thing be worth the effort on a motor with 2nd gen cams, full pipe, and open top filter?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts