Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a K and N filter from Santa, for my 2002 svs. However, I am afraid that it is old stock that has been sitting on a shelf for years. I remember reading something about K and N changing the air filter for the sv because the original filter was actually more restrictive than the stock filter. I was wondering if anyone knows the model number for the old filter, or any other means of recognizing whether or not I have the good one. The model number I have is:

SU-6599

Thanks a lot in advance,

Steve

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd go to the K&N web site (I'm assuming there is such a thing) and see if they have a link to email them. If they do, you can send them the exact part number that you have and ask whether it's current or not.

If they don't have a way to email them, try Spears Enterprises. Gregg has a web site (spearsenterprises.com), and knows about K&N.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i doubt you'll find the messed up K&N ANYWHERE

3 years ago this was a problem, but dont worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The old filter had a lip around the intake opening of the filter. The newer model does not have a lip around the intake opening of the filter. The newer model intake hole is also slightly larger...

·
Registered
830 Posts
branthopolis said:
The old filter had a lip around the intake opening of the filter. The newer model does not have a lip around the intake opening of the filter. The newer model intake hole is also slightly larger...
any other ways to tell the old and new version apart?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts