Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing the kit it was neccessary to remove the bottom lower right engine mount nut. While doing so I broke the bolt inside the engine mount on the engine. It feels like it should come right out because it rotate freely but it won't. I thought i remembered this happening to someone or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
duh

Got it out. wasn't broke i was putting the wrench on the other side on the wrong bolt... hard to follow under the bike to the other side. Now, I'm having a bit of a fitment problem tho... there is no way the screws and spacers they supply are long enough to attatch to the radiator mount? WTF...? I think i'm going to buy some long screws and use some pipe as spacers... anyone have any better ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is that the OEM Lowers? Does the kit specifically say it will fit a K5? You should have gotten an extra bag with a pair of bracket that act as spacers between the fairing and the radiator. If you didn't get those, don't go any further! You need the spacers or the front of the fairing will hit the forks, jam against the fork guards... and seriously reduce your ability to turn at low speed. Been there and almost dropped the bike, not funny!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the stock ones. Nope didn't get that bag or that extra bracket. Any advise how i should aquire one. Call onieda and have them send those as well?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Darn! I honestly don't know what Oneida can or will do. I don't know if the added "kit" for a K5 is available separately. If you ordered a K5 part (explicitely!) and they shipped you the K3/K4 version, I would hope they will allow you to return it. My local dealer did that, even though I had already installed the whole thing.

If you're willing to rig something together, you'll want to come up with a 1.25" spacer (that's the size of the bracket in the kit). There is a slight offset on the holes, but something like a piece of pipe should give you enough play room...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts