Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I let my friend borrow my bike, and he comes back and says I owe you a shift peg. What?! I said, thinking he downed it.

Then I remember it was kinda floppy before, after looking up the replacement I see the pin that you place your foot under is welded direct, where I recall mine being a bolt and nut type thing, but looked oem (same patterned rubber).

I assume the PO downed it and drilled out the lever and fastened a bolt.

Anyway, since I'm going to be replacing the shifter, is there a blue one like this that will fit the 2004?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-03-SUZUKI-SV650-CYCLE-PIRATES-BLUE-SHIFT-LEVER-/150817952137?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231d735189&vxp=mtr#ht_504wt_1165

Also it looks like the shift rod is bent too, I see Pro-Bolt made blue ones which are neat, but seem to be unavailable everywhere.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/5/83/24514/21079/PITEM/Pro-Bolt-Gear-Shift-Rods-2003-Suzuki-SV650-Parts.aspx

If anyone knows where to get blue ones specifically, or optionally OEM ones I'd appreciate the help. Until then I have a really crappy makeshift screw/bolt thing going on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
For OEM Ron Ayers has always served me well. Look it up in the Microfiche (it took me a while to figure just that out).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its my first bike so when the PO said it had never been down, I believed him. He was a mechanic in the air force and I met him on base, seemed to be well maintained always changed with Amsoil he said... Well I guess he got me good.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Replacement wise consider a folding shift lever, fleabay usually has a few scattered around. I believe Hayabusa folding shift levers fit our bike. As for shift rods, you can get a pretty good looking anodized one for not too much at just about anywhere selling parts online.

·
Registered
300 Posts
this what mine looks like

don't talk smack the bike dirty as can be. weather been so topsy turby here in western pa just finally stopped raining couple days ago bike lives outside so hard to keep her clean. Besides that i'm gettin ready to sell this bike so kinda loosing my gaf. That an the dirt helps keep my shift lever in one peice lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you still have the rubber bit you can drill a hole in the lever and use a 5/16" bolt and nylock nut. That's how I fixed mine. Cost less than a dollar and works fine...

Zac

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I ended up buying this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2010-Suzuki-SV650-SV-650-650S-GEAR-SHIFT-LEVER-/330738833575?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d019218a7&vxp=mtr#ht_772wt_1398

I could rattle can it, but like xecution said, I was thinking anodized.

Something similar to these:

Can't believe this isn't a popular aftermarket item.
That's the exact same folding shifter that quite a few of us have on our bikes including mine. I have one of the gold anodized shift rods from Pro-Bolt on mine too.

It looks like Pro-Bolt has discontinued making those shift rods. I don't see them listed on their site anywhere. I wonder why. Seemed like a good seller.:dontknow:

·
Registered
198 Posts
You could try something like this if you really want blue! It's been used with decent levels of success in the past with paintball equipment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts