Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any bad surprises awaiting me as I prepare to replace the broken clutch cable "holder" arm. I am hoping to simply unbolt the 2 bolts that attach the lower clutch adjustment (leaving the locknut/screw alone), pull the deal out, and put the new one in its place. Of course, nothing is ever as easy as it seems.

Will I need grease? and if so, what kind? Will the same grease I use on my Jeep work?

I have the shop manual at home, so that should help minimally.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
if you have a digital camera take some pics of it together, that way you'll have a point of refference to put it back together.

It's an easy swap but you should expect to have to adjsut it, it's just a set screw and a lock nut. Molybdenum Disulfide grease is always a crowd pleaser, use it liberally.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Shouldn't be any harder than that

Use a grease sparingly. Find a grease with MoS2 (molybdenum disulfide) at the auto parts store. It's pretty common. Most good bearing greases are 12-hydroxystearate lithium based. Find one with moly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. As it turns out, the parts from Ron Ayers only took 4 days to arrive (WOW!) and they were on my doorstep when I got home from work. It took me exactly one Tragically Hip CD (Phantom Power) from start to finish. The part already had grease in/on it, so I skipped grease. Amazingly, I was able to get everything right the first time. My clutch seems to be adjusted perfectly and the rear wheel doesn't move at all with the clutch in (it used to take a stab at the rear brake to make it stop). Anyway, I'm pumped that I saved myself $90 at the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts