Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've search this site and the internet for info on 2nd gen sv I have an 03 and haven't found an answer for a 128lb rider, rear shock.... but this OEM pos has got to go. i think 96-99 gsxr shock would be good for my weight but i can't find anyone that has put that shock on 2nd gen...... what do I do tryying to make a track day next weekend please someone tell me the right thing to get, don't have funds to respring anything either....

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you plan on doing a lot of trackdays, save your money until you can buy a shock designed for the sv. Swapping in a stiffer, different length spring can negatively affect your handling. Learning to go fast with the crap stock suspension will make you that much faster once you have a penske or ohlins

·
Premium Member
8,126 Posts
If you plan on doing a lot of trackdays, save your money until you can buy a shock designed for the sv. Swapping in a stiffer, different length spring can negatively affect your handling. Learning to go fast with the crap stock suspension will make you that much faster once you have a penske or ohlins
+100000

·
Registered
38 Posts
A new/correct RaceTech spring for a GSXR shock should cost less than a track day.
If you can't afford that, you may want to re-evaluate your finances.
Just say'n.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts