Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having some fuel injection issues on my bike. I found the problem it's the TO or tip over sensor. The TO is not even mounted!! So I guess I am lucky to be alive considering it is flopping around by my ECM. I would really appreaciate if someone could post a picture of the location and mounting position of the TO sensor. If I have a picture I can mount the sensor in the appropriate position. I have a dealer service manual but the pictures do not show enough detail. I have verified the sensor is functional by measuring the resistance and it is within spec. Please if you have a 2005 take a pic (or maybe you already have one) of your bike and post it.
THANKS in advance.
BH

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
it should connect onto two tabs on the front of the battery box.

not sure how you've been riding around on it if the TO sensor was off. the bike won't start if the TO sensor is just hanging.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Dare I say take it back to the dealer you purchased the bike from and have them do it for free??? No??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot find a mounting point that the sensor will reach by the battery that is the main reason I wanted a picture so I could eliminate the guess work. Yeah, I thought it was odd that the sensor was loose. But it has been operating like that for 4k miles. It starts fine.
I would take it back to the dealer but it is an hour away and I work and travel a lot and I don't want to deal with them unless the sensor was bad. The sensor is good so I would like to rectify the problem myself because that is what I do for a living. I guess it's an ego thing. PLEASE if anyone would take a picture that would help me soooo much .
Thank you
BH

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I'll be guessing that you modded either your rear shock or your undertail? ;) I did the exact same thing, hehehe. Just stick that think back onto the front, right side of the battery box really good and you'll be rolling again no problem.

OK here ya go...http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0349/rear_fender_model_k4_k5/rear_fender_model_k4_k5.cfm

Look at part number 2. On the right side top you will see a rectangular hole, that is where the sensor should attatch. At least that's where is does on my 2004 SVS. Hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for everything. I will try that this evening if I have time. I have to travel this week so I will let everyone know when I get results. Thanks again.
BH

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I low sided on some grass clippings in a corner. Rear sub frame and plastic was replaced. I have mounted the sensor in the appropriate location tonight. Thank you NOVA and STRANGER for the descriptions it should have been obvious but I missed it. I will test tommorrow when I return from work. Thanks for the help. BH

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The TO sensor was the problem. After it was properly mounted the bike performed flawlessly. No more FI shutdowns while at full throttle. Thanks again to NOVA and STRANGER.
BH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts