Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother recently replaced leaking fork seals on my K3 SV1000. He used All Balls seals which have worked great in the past on his old SV and a few other bikes. After 75 miles the forks started leaking again. When the bike sits for a small amount of time, fork oil is all over the wheel. It trickles down from the fork onto the wheel.

He checked the fork tubes for knicks and the slide metal was in good shape. He used 5w oil for the forks and believes since it is so thin, that may be the problem. Otherwise he has no idea what to do. When the forks are off the bike and are compressed by hand rapidly and hard there are no leaks. HELP!!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
I doubt fork oil wgt is the cause. I prefer oem fork seals. Perhaps your triple clamps are tweaked, but since both are leaking again, I would replace with oem seals and see what happens. I also like to replace the metal retaining ring with the seals. Really check the tubes for nicks and straightness. If you compress the forks off the bike at an angle, do they remain dry?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They remain dry off the bike yes. There were some small rock chips on the forks, but nothing that would cause a tear in the seals or cause oil to get past them. We've always had luck with All Balls so I don't know if its just a bad batch of seals or something else. I'll have to try the OEM seals and see what happens. Thanks man. Any others have opinions?

·
Registered
661 Posts
OEM seals and make sure they are installed in the right direction. It's been 2 years since I last did mine so I can't recall which side down, but there is a difference!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts