Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have, on the front, R1 calpiers, galfer lines and 07 gsxr radial master.
When I installed this set up, I thought it strange that when I filled with fluid, from the calipers with a syringe, that fluid would not pass through the master into the reservoir. It would however, come up and out the master bleed nipple. Fluid does "seem" to be pumped from the res down by the master. This is the first time Id used a mc with a bleed nipple so thought no more.
Untill I went for a ride!
Brand new rotors and brand new pads so slowly up the street, few stops, try and bed the pads in, brakes work well, lever nice and firm. Get two blocks away the lever is REALLY firm, so I pull over to have a looksee, the lever is rock solid and the brakes are locked on.
I assume whats happened is the fluid has expanded through heat and can't escape to the res???
I walked home, waiting for it to cool. Ill go back with a nipple spanner.
Anyone heard of this happening before?
What to do?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've seen this talked about before. Did u happen to have the lever off the MC for any reason? Chances are there a ball inside the lever that has a notch machined into that a post from MC needs to fit in. If that not lined up right the MC never fully opens back up releasing pressure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts