Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently been fixing the bike I flipped 2 years ago and hit 2 slight problems. I've fixed up all the easy bits like tail, levers, bars and know the wheel is buckled (I'm getting that straightened) but just took it for a test and the forks are out by 5 - 10 Deg. I've loosened up the top and bottom clamps and given it a good shake rattle and roll but it's still out. Is there an easy way to check if they are straight or something I have missed that may be a "no brainier"?

With the gear shift I've been adjusting the rod between box and shifter but when I get it right so it's shifts up it then refuses neutral and 1st. I've checked the return spring and greased that up (along with everything else) but its frustrating the hell outa me now.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
300 Posts
If the front end took a hit that "buckled" the front wheel then most likely the forks are bent. May need to send them out to whoever is fixing your wheel. If you take forks off bike and disassemble you can check the inner tube with a straight edge or by rolling it on a table or peice of glass or mirror. If its bent then you know the outer tube is prolly bent to. I hope your using willsrimrepair.com for you bent wheel. I believe he straightens forks too. You ain't gona find better prices or better craftsmanship than will. I've used him before and hes awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your forks are probably bent, if you've found that they're in fact straight and you still can't get the front end aligned your lower triple is probably tweaked. It's surprisingly weak for a steel part. I went down at about 10mph in gravel and total hosed mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for the advice. I've had a close look at the forks and I've ground down the bottom of one so you're probably right about them being a little bent. sourced top and bottom yokes just in case and will send the forks off for straightening. Just need to get hold of a stand now so I can take the front end apart. cheers

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts